High Pressure Hose Configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm all AI and don't have an SPG on any of my regs

OMG, OMG, you are going to die in half the time and die twice!!!

Thanks all for your reply and advice. The airsource did cause some trouble as it is a different connector than normal inflator low pressure. I replaced it with a normal inflator and add a normal octopus few months ago during my last regulator service as it has some leak.

@Capt Jim Wyatt has been doing that for years

I will say I am a staunch believer that the Air2 actually makes a rig less streamlined and has all sorts of other issues, but the SPG doesn't bother me and I have it set up that way on my doubles

it's a public picture of Jim from 2009 ish, but I know he's been doing it longer than that

View attachment 431314
I wholehearted agree that the Air2 has all sorts of issues and makes a rig less streamlined.

Nice photo of the Captain! One question - how does he secure the SPG/short hose on the left shoulder? In contrast, I clip my SPG on my left hip D-ring.

how does he secure the SPG/short hose on the left shoulder?

The spg hose is bound to the corrugated inflator hose with small pieces of bicycle inner tube. The whole rig is then bungeed to the dry suit inflator nipple, and held in place by the dry suit inflator hose.

The spg hose is bound to the corrugated inflator hose with small pieces of bicycle inner tube. The whole rig is then bungeed to the dry suit inflator nipple, and held in place by the dry suit inflator hose.
Won't that make it a bit more complicated to dump the rig if necessary?

cave diver. You don't normally ever plan on ditching a set of doubles. It's a bit complicated.... That said, to ditch the rig you have to remove the inflator hose from the drysuit, so as soon as you do that it comes off of the nipple with no issues

Sorry guys, but I have to roll my eyes here. I dive AI and a Air2 on my singles rig... Can anyone explain to me how eliminating an SPG plus a HP hose and a second stage plus a LP hose REDUCES streamlining?

the air2 is more bulky than a normal inflator and creates a larger drag profile than a necklaced secondary because it is hanging below you vs. under your neck. It also has the significantly longer hose which is typically not restrained properly *because there is no real way to restrain it properly* so is often dangling.

No arguments against WAI

It’s not even a consideration.

Back
Top Bottom