I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v-L8ga2Dxf1NvbWRMSC2BxvrZVDUF1ziydhvS6z-UENp1XfmWLoIhR757MbeS2ljl4d3ODmCUBHkwEsnLk=w1224-h918-no.jpg

Fire in the sky! Another sunset over y 10.8 acres here in O'Brien, Fl.​

The first job for it is to replace the table on my radial arm saw.
So, as I pointed out, the first parts were glued, yesterday the second and larger pieces were glued. Today, all the clamps came off, the edges trued, holes drilled, the fence was ripped then planed true from a 2x4 to 1.00" x 3.00", the table aligned and the 1/4" sacrificial cover was installed. Here are some before and after pics. You can see what I've been working on, and what I've got now that I have a great table saw as the cornerstone of the shop. Here are some before and after pics. I'm surprised that things have come out as true as they have so far. Sure, I'm careful, but working with substandard tools often results in substandard work.

ED3l31Z_gUHuuXywGmjjK5vToCUUzOFAsRCmM5jxarWDotkENMKI1zMJTiCBYXbtWaaNvxjiqOz1TZaNEk=w1224-h918-no.jpg

XhTo4rIeV9R7GC6iEt60By4bjddvc75F744WgyBez-R0JJ_kHLkfjNBS50CT9-2GqM4JAHSV5SwVIpt-A4=w1224-h918-no.jpg

J3v4Nkby2PdAdgnBaauek6SzFi-RVPBW7nt9K_IR_sDpeuJ3DETH0O0sF7oY24fh0TPyawlrzmaQRaMxkFw=w689-h918-no.jpg

My helper, Ma~.

0TMtb1PeC_kPex8qxX2SvcFJ7WowMxHJv2xzsKeEqmTVhIb7EYrUR8kw2WAkKZWJY1Rb4Wic7MOVCLz_tQ=w1224-h918-no.jpg

A virgin table top. I really like the way it came out.

NWzHkFT9t1Q6bTlvCV80k77maybwY5_a1fwhgGKteXy2vHq56cCmlkfmbuhvLUHV_SDIz3NdCIiufawrLkU=w689-h918-no.jpg

The proof is in the pudding. I like it!​

So, what's next? I spent a good amount of time on clean up yesterday while the glue was drying. I have a lot, lot more room now, so it's time to finish clearing off the assembly table and start with skinning the inside walls again. Then I think a table saw sled is in order. Truing up the RAS table showed me just how important that is.

Fire in the sky! Another sunset over y 10.8 acres here in O'Brien, Fl.

We've been getting a lot of orange in the sky lately but it was from the smoke offshore from fires in wine country to the east.

The first job for it is to replace the table on my radial arm saw.

Nice work. Do you read the Fine Woodworking Forum? Lots of great tips and tricks. Great mag as well.

We've been getting a lot of orange in the sky lately but it was from the smoke offshore from fires in wine country to the east.
This is normal for most of Florida.
Nice work. Do you read the Fine Woodworking Forum? Lots of great tips and tricks. Great mag as well.
Thanks for the compliment and the tip. I'll head over there after I play some more in the shop. I made a mistake with the last panel I installed, cutting it past the window opening. I've thought of a number of ways to fix, but I fear they will all look crappy. It's only a $10 panel and since I don't want it to detract from the rest of the shop, it just has to go. I'm going to remove it and start over on that section.

Kind of funny, but I needed a quick box to hold screws and such from dismantling the fan. I took the scraps from building the RAS table and in five minutes, cut and glued together a very simple box. I'm going to add a few screws through the MDF into the plywood base in the morning... I just have to find those woodscrews. :D

rnVrdemMqdG0xmAOlhXfmQqbr9F9dQzBvLxwmW1qshYDezzG79si5bX2PDm7hakiXBBCU9Wl4jTeWX1pTw=w1224-h918-no.jpg

Try this, not sure if you need to be logged in or not:
Fine Woodworking Knots | Fine Woodworking Knots
The note as I signed in:
**Web Producer's note - I'm sorry to say that the Knots forum here at Fine Woodworking will be closed when our new site goes live in the coming months. Social media seems to have taken the place of forums in the online woodworking world. You can reach many of us here at the magazine via Instagram, Twitter or always via email (fw-web@taunton.com).

what, no dovetails or through mortise and tenons with wenge wedges?

The note as I signed in:
**Web Producer's note - I'm sorry to say that the Knots forum here at Fine Woodworking will be closed when our new site goes live in the coming months. Social media seems to have taken the place of forums in the online woodworking world. You can reach many of us here at the magazine via Instagram, Twitter or always via email (fw-web@taunton.com).
Yeah same as the scuba world. I get all my info about decompression algorithms from facebook.
moderation matters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom