Blue Angel Resort review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a Sea of Cortez live aboard (on the Don Jose) about 10 or so years ago, which had the same policy on TP. I don't remember it being a real issue, easily ignored given how awesome the diving was!

November will be our fifth time staying at the Blue Angel. We feel like we get exactly what we pay for. We feel totally safe there, along with our dive gear. The dive operation is great, they always ask what site we want to dive and have no problem if we request to dive at the farthest sites. And we appreciate the small boats. As with every place we have ever dove there is always something that isn't perfect. Wi-if is important to me so I just head downstairs and camp out on a lawn chair and do my business. The restaurant is awesome, though we usually venture out to try out new places, as well as our old favorites. One weird thing, nearly every time we visit there is a couple there who usually stays for a extended stay. The woman goes down to the tanks early in the morning and checks the pressure. She then puts aside the ones she want with the most air.

Oh lord, the cow people (center of the world) just weird me out. 200 psi is worth what, a few minutes? Chilling out and not worrying about stuff will save you more air than that.

Oh lord, the cow people (center of the world) just weird me out. 200 psi is worth what, a few minutes? Chilling out and not worrying about stuff will save you more air than that.

For some people, starting off with 2800 when everyone else has 3000 is a recipe for stress right from the start, especially if they do not have good air consumption. Maybe this woman is checking the tanks on the dock so she can chill out and not worry about it on the boat?

One weird thing, nearly every time we visit there is a couple there who usually stays for a extended stay. The woman goes down to the tanks early in the morning and checks the pressure. She then puts aside the ones she want with the most air.
Oh, that couple again..
Was there this past Feb and know exactly who your talking about. I would go down there in the morning to analyze my Nitrox and there they were cracking open every other tank measuring the pressure.
And, I think it has nothing to do about any stress level, just being self-centered leaving any tanks with <100psi less than 3000 psi for everyone else to use.

:stirpot: Put a piece of tape with your name on it and write 3300psi on any tank before she gets there.

Or let 200 psi out of a couple of them and soak them in a tank of hot water just before they come down to test.

Oh, that couple again..
Was there this past Feb and know exactly who your talking about. I would go down there in the morning to analyze my Nitrox and there they were cracking open every other tank measuring the pressure.
And, I think it has nothing to do about any stress level, just being self-centered leaving any tanks with <100psi less than 3000 psi for everyone else to use.
Funny, they would then boast about their bottom time!

Doesn't BA do their own tank fills ? If 'yes' I'd pay a visit to the tank filler person and maybe do a 'tip' type arrangement, to get a constant supply of topped off tanks for myself.

No, they don't fill themselves. This is why you need to give them a few days heads up if you want Nitrox.

I swear everyone, if you saw this lady cracking all these valves and moving tanks all around every morning you would also say WTF? Reminds me of that animated movie of that squirrel looking for a acorn then trying to find some place to stash it (lol)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom