Water temp at depth in the Red Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Appreciate all responses. I’m going to be there in October, not November. I realize it is at the end of October and will be taking a wetsuit based on the recommendations made here.

keep us posted, post trip. I am interested to find out :). Have a nice stay. The red sea is wonderful.

Just returned from the Red Sea. The coldest my computer read was 78f, the majority was at 80f. I did the southern route and did all offered dives of 21, including 3 night dives.

Everyone has different cold tolerances which is why my original question was about the temp, not if I should bring a wetsuit.
I did not need or use a wetsuit for any of the dives, but once we returned North to Marsa Alam area, I could see where the winds became a bigger factor.

I really enjoyed the diving in the Red Sea, but wish I had seen Hammerheads! I would definitely go back once I’ve knocked a few more destinations off my list.

Thanks for all who responded.

Thank you. The only plave where I have seen HAmmerheads in the red sea is DAedaleus @ +/- 130 feet deep.

The live aboard did 8 dives at Daedulus hoping to see them.

Thank you. The only plave where I have seen HAmmerheads in the red sea is DAedaleus @ +/- 130 feet deep.

I dive in the Red Sea a lot from KSA and I have to admit I never feel the need for a wetsuit. I wear a 2.5mm shorty but I don't honestly feel I need it.

The night dives will be cold when you get in and especially when you get out. However Egypt is a little colder so I would go with 3mm long suit just to be safe.

The temperature doesn't change much with depth in the Red Sea.

Have fun!

The live aboard did 8 dives at Daedulus hoping to see them.

Bad luck......................or bad dive guide...........................because they are out in the blue and not easy to find :banghead:

Just returned from the Red Sea. The coldest my computer read was 78f, the majority was at 80f. I did the southern route and did all offered dives of 21, including 3 night dives.

Everyone has different cold tolerances which is why my original question was about the temp, not if I should bring a wetsuit.
I did not need or use a wetsuit for any of the dives, but once we returned North to Marsa Alam area, I could see where the winds became a bigger factor.

I really enjoyed the diving in the Red Sea, but wish I had seen Hammerheads! I would definitely go back once I’ve knocked a few more destinations off my list.

Thanks for all who responded.
Good to know because I will be there next week!

Hammerheads are more frequent in the summer months. Now is oceanic white tip time. Spent last week on Brother Islands and allthough a couple of hammers where seen as well as threashers and grey reef sharks — it was oceanic white tip galore. Had six sharks around the boat. 26 C (water) and brisk wind that was a little cool. Heard from reliable sources that Deadalus hasn’t been as good the latest weeks. But that is a dice roll from week to week.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom