Can I really be bent!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@CDI Diver so I went in pool for Dry Suit practice yesterday and woke up this morning with room spinning. Whatever should I do?
I already have doctor apt. and a driver, next I am calling DAN Although from what I have read on Scubaboard, it is vestibular vertigo.
Possibly this is Karma for the harsh tone of my earlier post.

@CDI Diver so I went in pool for Dry Suit practice yesterday and woke up this morning with room spinning. Whatever should I do?
I already have doctor apt. and a driver, next I am calling DAN Although from what I have read on Scubaboard, it is vestibular vertigo.
Possibly this is Karma for the harsh tone of my earlier post.

Oh no! Is your doctor's appointment today? Did you have trouble clearing?

Best regards,
DDM

Oh no! Is your doctor's appointment today? Did you have trouble clearing?

Best regards,
DDM
I am in dr waiting room that feels like I am on a boat. Will post updates. I didn’t have trouble clearing, but I did go up and down in deep pool learning Drysuit moves. 1 1/2 hours. I did not do inversion skill last night, preferring to get boutancy down solid first.

Glad you're getting seen.

Best regards,
DDM

Yep, doc found fluid in ear, I am getting treatment. Won’t dive again for couple weeks.
Next Day Edit: Four hours after taking first antibiotics dose, the spinning and nausea are gone.

Last edited:
I hate to be critical, but the thought process of someone who is a firefighter, and wants to be a commercial diver, really makes me wonder about the decision making in this situation looking from the outside in.

I'll add my voice here as well. Having spent 15 years along side emergency personnel and met a fair number of bent divers I've found that to be an honest thought process quite common in the best of them.

Hope he returns with good news for us.
Cameron

True. But in his defense.....

This is our culture in emergency services. We ARE 911, we don't CALL 911. I've been in the business 30 years (on the law enforcement side) and it is the way we were taught. We are great at taking care of others but, until recently, there was little to no emphasis on taking care of ourselves. Gladly, this is changing. But institutional culture changes slowly.

So, I can understand where he is coming from. Srtill doesn't change the facts, though. We need to take care of ourselves so we can take care of others.
It happens. I’ve heard two different tales from PMs about their heart issues and how long it took them to admit that maybe they really should get themselves to the ED when it was pretty obvious to anyone they explained their symptoms to that they needed to be seen right now.

Which was also they day he joined SB.

Back
Top Bottom