The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a series 1. I'm tempted to get a newer one, but I don't really need one.
If you ever need to replace the wing for your original FP, an OMS single tank wing will work. It’s pretty close in geometry to the original Oxycheq wings (pre Mach V) like the Signature and Razor series.

So far there has been a little over three hundred plates sold world wide since 2005.
If you have one, you are in a very small exclusive group of people. I can only make so many of these in a limited amount of time.

Hi Eric,

Good to see you back here posting. I hope things are coming together for you and family.

Just curious about my FP model. I'm surmising it's a Contour IV 400 series. I received it in Jan 2011. Regardless, it's perfect.

Hi Eric,

Good to see you back here posting. I hope things are coming together for you and family.

Just curious about my FP model. I'm surmising it's a Contour IV 400 series. I received it in Jan 2011. Regardless, it's perfect.
2011 would be version 2.
What’s the plate number? If it starts with a 2 then it’s second gen.
Series 3 (first contour) started when this thread started.
400 series just started in 2017

BTW, that MK5/ 109 BA I got from you still breathes velvet smooth.
One of my favorite reg sets, best horse trade I ever made!

I received it in January of 2011, so it was probably made in 2010 or before. The only markings visible are:
FP
USA

I might have to remove the wing to find the markings. Where would I locate the number?

I'm always happy to hear one of "my regs" is still performing well. Have you serviced it since I sent it to you? I too am very happy with the exchange.

I received it in January of 2011, so it was probably made in 2010 or before. The only markings visible are:
FP
USA

I might have to remove the wing to find the markings. Where would I locate the number?

I'm always happy to hear one of "my regs" is still performing well. Have you serviced it since I sent it to you? I too am very happy with the exchange.
I have not serviced it yet. Always soaked hooked to a tank and pressurized, holds perfect IP no creep, no touchy till it needs it.
I need to get Herman’s special tool for the hard to get to barrel O-ring.

The only markings visible are:
FP
USA
If it has a number most likely it would be on the front. Some plates got away without any numbers and some never got any stampings at all.
But I know based on the time line it was one of the variants of the generation 2.
There were also a lot of one-off odd ball experimental prototypes that went out including a run of a dozen 1/4” aluminum plates. I couldn’t see hoarding the stuff if someone could use it.
All in all there are probably a dozen or more variants of prototypes, but only four official production models.

All in all there are probably a dozen or more variants of prototypes, but only four official production models.

The later version II was the same perimiter shape as the early II but it had a removable channel rail.

Therefore I have a rare, extremely valuable, one-of-a-kind, custom made plate. :)

That's what I've believed all along......thanks.

Soooo, not to be pushy @Eric Sedletzky , but can we fling money at you yet? I know you have been going through heck, and hoping you’ll let us all know when you’re back in business.

Soooo, not to be pushy @Eric Sedletzky , but can we fling money at you yet? I know you have been going through heck, and hoping you’ll let us all know when you’re back in business.
Getting closer. I’m buried now with jobs because I’ve been basically off for a week and a half.
Things are finally getting back to normal.
Thanks for all your (and everyone’s) support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom