honeymoon dive trip on scubaspa Ying or Yang?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello everybody,

i'm planning to join scubaspa Ying or Yang for honeymoon on 28th Jan 2017. I'm so confuse on which route we shall take.
Ying: "best of Maldives", more attractive on night dive of nurse sharks; covering the dive sites of central part Maldives.
Yang: "far south", i read the information show the route cover the Huvadhoo atoll, Fuvamullah atoll and Addu atoll. not that much information about those 3 atolls.

anybody dived in the southern part of Maldives? somebody say there are more big creatures live there. is this the truth? any suggestion on both different routes????

thank you very much.

Hi kuris!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I think it really depends on your preferences about which to choose, but I’ll try to give you some information about both.

Best of the Maldives (Scubaspa Ying) - This is the standard Maldives liveaboard route. You’ll dive plenty of pinnacles and channels, and you’ll probably see manta rays and whale sharks. As an added bonus, this route leaves from Male, making it super simple to meet the boat.

Far South (Scubaspa Yang) - The Huvadhoo, Fuvamulla and Addu Atolls are less visited by liveaboards. Some say that diving around these atolls can be more challenging than in the north, but it really all depends on your luck. However, these three atolls are considerably more shark filled. You might see thresher sharks, oceanic whitetips and tiger sharks. The mantas are here too, but whale shark sightings are less predictable. The drawback to this route is that you’ll need to take another flight to Kooddoo in order to meet the boat.

So, if you value convenience and whale sharks, I’d pick the “Best of the Maldives,” but if you want to get off the beaten path and love sharks, choose the “Far South.” Either way, you’ll love diving and spa-ing on the ScubaSpa liveaboards.

Congrats again and happy diving!

thank you very much for your suggestion.

I decided to go by scuba Ying finally, because it is more convenience for us.

thank you very much for your suggestion.

I decided to go by scuba Ying finally, because it is more convenience for us.

Hi Kuris, could you share what experience with ScubaSpa has been. It is the first time that I am considering a liveaboard trip and unable to find much content on ScubaSpa.

Whilst my wife loves the ScubaSpa optionality of Spa + Dive, i read that the diving is average to good (and not great) considering this is not a divers Liveaboard per se.

Wondering if there is a Liveaboard which will score 10/10 on both diving and for non-diving partners.

Thanks, Rakesh

Hi Kuris, could you share what experience with ScubaSpa has been. It is the first time that I am considering a liveaboard trip and unable to find much content on ScubaSpa.

Whilst my wife loves the ScubaSpa optionality of Spa + Dive, i read that the diving is average to good (and not great) considering this is not a divers Liveaboard per se.

Wondering if there is a Liveaboard which will score 10/10 on both diving and for non-diving partners.

Thanks, Rakesh

Hi, this is great vessel both for diver and non diver.
Honestly speaking I'm not a spa lover, so i just can give a "fair" on spa. But my wife enjoyed so much.
As i know scubaspa ying and yang just cruise in the centre part of Maldives.
Honestly speaking, centre part of Maldives is not the best dive site in Asia now. Some coral is dead and bleaching. I know far south part is much better. I just can say that the coral reef is not healthy. This is not the problem of the boat.

All scubaspa staff is nice, dive guides are professional. Boat is very big and comfortable. Food is good. They change the manel everyday. Bbq on the beach is also a memorable experience, staff show their traditional dance and music.

This is a very good choice for couples who are divers. If your wife is not diver, she will enjoy the spa and some other activities like snorkeling, island visit. She can also try discovery scuba dive if she can. Of course this is according to sea condition and dive sites.

However, u can watch my video, we made a memorable record.
Maldives Liveaboard trip Video 2017
There are more different activities on part 3.

Hope i can help u.

Back
Top Bottom