Scubapro MK25/MK25EVO, G260/S600/A700?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like I can get a good price on the MK25/S600 black tech for about CAD500 less than a MK25EVO/S620ti. Since I need to get 2 sets, that's a savings of CAD1000 before taxes. That's significant enough to sway me back to the MK25/S600, unless there's some reason I shouldn't get the old model in black tech. Does the black tech finish scratch easily or otherwise not good? What do you think?

It scratches easier than chrome. Having said that, all dive gear does if you dive regularly enough. I have friends who have black PVD costed Apeks reg, I dive more regularly than them and theirs look older than mine.

Chrome holds up pretty well with a modicum of care and plastic second stages can be cleaned up with micromesh. I only care about scratches until I get the first one.

It scratches easier than chrome. Having said that, all dive gear does if you dive regularly enough. I have friends who have black PVD costed Apeks reg, I dive more regularly than them and theirs look older than mine.

I thought so...I really have to think about that then.. but for that price maybe I should overlook that.

Just get whatever is cheapest among your choices. Any of them will be fine.

Put the money saved towards a nice computer.

Just get whatever is cheapest among your choices. Any of them will be fine.

Put the money saved towards a nice computer.

Or more diving, I find once underwater the equipment I'm using largely becomes insignificant.

Or more diving, I find once underwater the equipment I'm using largely becomes insignificant.
Regs are usually rented in every dive operator. Not computers. I always recommend to buy first a computer and a compass, then thermal protection and then reg + BCD.
A computer will give you longer and safer dives and increase your situational awareness. Though owing a reg is also a nice buy, using one reg or another usually makes no real difference. Diving without a computer and compass makes your dives "trust me dives" following a DM.

Regs are usually rented in every dive operator. Not computers. I always recommend to buy first a computer and a compass, then thermal protection and then reg + BCD.
A computer will give you longer and safer dives and increase your situational awareness. Though owing a reg is also a nice buy, using one reg or another usually makes no real difference. Diving without a computer and compass makes your dives "trust me dives" following a DM.

I know guruboy suggested we put money saved for a nice computer but we already had computers (Shearwaters) for a while now. The next pieces of equipment we need to get are regs and BCD’s and we’re ready for them!

I have never used any ScubaPro reg (yet). I have been told that the G260 breathes just slightly (but noticeably) better than the S600 or A700. What do you guys that have used them both think? Comparing against the same 1st stage, of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom