DIY Liquid Diet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

--tom--

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Okay, this sounds strange, but here goes. I will need to go on a Liquid Diet for a few weeks, (at least 2, hopefully no more than 4).

This is not a weight driven goal (although I won't feel bad about that benefit), it is just that I won't be able to chew. So the diet is open, but I was hoping someone had some direction to point me. Most of my web searches are pointing toward commercial/medical programs which would be a bit of overkill. So any ideas where I could look, a book I could read, pitfalls, stupid mistakes to avoid?

Thanks in advance.

I have tried the lemon diet/ fast for about 13 days.
It is not alot of stuff
just water,
grade b maple syrup
and lemons
you can add some cayenne pepper if you want

There is a wiki page on it, under Master Cleanse

just an idea.

Or you could just have milkshakes instead. I like milkshakes....

Okay, this sounds strange, but here goes. I will need to go on a Liquid Diet for a few weeks

Big open door there.... one part vodka and one part ...... (fill in the blank). :D

In all seriousness, you should consult a dietitian.

What comes up immediately in me is that you'll need a certain balance of vitamins and minerals which can be gotten from a vitamin supplement. That's the easy part.

You'll also need to consume sufficient amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and fats, I would think. What specific mix will work for you and how to get that out of exclusively liquid foods that don't suck to eat is going to be a bit of a puzzle.

a fasting diet like the one the last guy suggested probably isn't the best thing for your body. After a week or so your energy level will dump, your metabolism will start to slow and any weight you happen to lose will be hard to keep off. I'd be more inclined to visit a dietitian and get some ideas that will help you to keep functioning normally for the whole 3 or 4 week period with maybe just a small enough reduction in total calories to use this opportunity to dump a few pounds long term.

R..

If you know someone with a Vitamix machine, you can emulsify all your foods in it for healthy (and tasty) meals. If not, look in your local library (or online) for juicing recipes. I had some dental work done some years ago and had to drink liquids for a few weeks, so my empathy goes to you. There are ways to enjoy liquid meals if you put some effort and creativity into it. I ended up buying my own vitamix machine, and still use it to make easy soups, ice cream, fruit and vegetable drinks, and sauces. When I worked for a dental surgeon we used to give our patients a couple cans of Ensure after doing extractions.

Make sure you take a multi-vitamin supplement every day to make up for any you might miss with your liquid diet. Fruit juices, veggie juices, Ensure, breakfast drinks you mix with milk, are all good choices for quick snacks or meals. Good luck!

Last edited:
you can begin your liquid diet by using your vegetable and fruit drink to replace one meal, such as breakfast. See how your body feels before incorporating a liquid diet to replace any more meals. You can also use your vegetable and fruit drink in addition to a meal to provide your body with a boost of nutrients.Do not attempt a liquid diet without first consulting your doctor. Liquid diets decrease caloric intake and can be harmful for certain health conditions. A liquid diet should not be used as a weight-loss technique.

I had throat cancer a few years ago and had to live off the ultimate liquid diet---a PEG tube---for 5 to 6 months.

I started by simply putting the food I normally ate through a blender but couldn't get enough calories that way.

I had a prescribed formula but it tasted bad---don't ask how I know---so ended up using Ensure. 6-8 feedings (cans) a day to get the required calories. They have various flavors and a version with extra fiber if that becomes an issue.

D'oh! Just noticed how old this thread is!

I started a keto diet 13 days ago and have shaved off 11.5# so far. It started with a 2 day "soft" fast where I stuck to a green drink and an avocado.

This green drink is palatable if you mix it in a 17 oz cup of water and powdered drink mix and gives you a full day supply of veggies:

30 servings = $24, available at GNC
444550_1.jpg

I started a keto diet 13 days ago and have shaved off 11.5# so far. It started with a 2 day "soft" fast where I stuck to a green drink and an avocado.

This green drink is palatable if you mix it in a 17 oz cup of water and powdered drink mix and gives you a full day supply of veggies:

30 servings = $24, available at GNCView attachment 432239

Will this lessen your appetite too?

Back
Top Bottom