Caye Caulker Operator and Divesite Recommendations pls!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weboflies

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Going to spend 5 days on Caulker in January. Looking to dive the Blue Hole and the best of the other local sites. Looking for an abundance and variety of sea life. What can you all recommend?

Going to spend 5 days on Caulker in January. Looking to dive the Blue Hole and the best of the other local sites. Looking for an abundance and variety of sea life. What can you all recommend?

I highly recommend Black Durgon (Black Durgon Dives). Simeon and Cory are great dive guides with an excellent twin outboard dive boat, no pangas. We went out to Turneffe Atoll with Sime but not sure if he makes the Blue Hole but he could set you up with a group that does.
GOPR6450_1469202226541_high.JPG
GOPR6450_1469202226541_high.JPG
GOPR6474_1469202226541_high.JPG

See my trip report of our stay on Caye Caulker last year. I highly second the Black Durgon Dives recommendation. They went the extra mile on service and had the lowest price.

Well, that sounds pretty good, thanks guys! Are there many operators on Caulker that go to Blue Hole, or do most people go to Ambergris for that?

Well, that sounds pretty good, thanks guys! Are there many operators on Caulker that go to Blue Hole, or do most people go to Ambergris for that?

Write Simeon or Cory at blackdurgontours@hotmail.com or through their website: Black Durgon Dives || ...for time under water!. They will probably refer you to a shop with a larger boat, maybe Amigos del Mar on AC (amigosdivebelize). It's a long trip out there & back, not a great dive in my book but the afternoon dive at Lighthouse Reef is fantastic!

Belize Diving Services has a big boat, and goes to the Blue Hole three times a week. You'll find their schedule on their website. They are also very safe and friendly. I warmly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom