$3 Ferry, gotta love it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ok...I have to admit that the bag drag is losing its "adventure" appeal....but the ferry was $3 on Mexico Waterjets this evening! Ado bus was $10 ish and while there was no traffic, seemed to take longer than usual....but we were really tired. Got to the Tourista Bus Terminal in Playa and Waterjets seemed to have salesmen everywhere. Walked down closer to the ferry and bought 2 tickets for $6 from the normal stand. Six months ago it was closer to $10 each on Barcos Carribe. Why we got the local rate, I don't know, but they were giving it to everyone apparently.

Didn't make it to Aldora in time to check in, but we have had our Cuatros Tacos, Banana cake from Coffee Cozumel, and will meet Jorge at 7 in the morning for a 7:30 dive...assuming the ports are open.

If you haven't had the banana cake from Coffee Cozumel, your missing out on one of the greatest things in life. It's like a sweeter moist banana bread with fresh bananas between the huge layers, and cream cheese frosting drizzeled with chocolate.

It's good to be "home!"

Jay

I'll check it out in December.....happy diving!

I think they’re all just confused... a one way on Ultramar cost me $163 going to Playa yesterday morning and only $115 on the way back...

I'm not sure $3 ferry tix are good for us in the long run. It's nice at the time but I don't see it as sustainable. If one of them goes under then we are back to where we were before and the survivors will want to recover their losses. If two of them go under, we're in a way worse situation than before.

If you haven't had the banana cake from Coffee Cozumel, your missing out on one of the greatest things in life. It's like a sweeter moist banana bread with fresh bananas between the huge layers, and cream cheese frosting drizzeled with chocolate.

Is this "El Coffee Cozumel" or "coz coffee roasting company" ?

I am thankful for Barcos Carribe, who has been the one to break the fixed-price agreement of the other two.

I am also thankful for their later departure from PDC as I barely made it one time.

Enjoy the island and diving. My mouth is watering from your description of the banana cake! YUM. will add that to our LONG and growing list of must try places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom