DEMA update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll help you out...DEMA is garbage...has been for years. Nothing to see, rhetoric to hear.

I'll be there tomorrow. DEMA has its issues, but I find it fun and get to see new stuff.

OK,,,I'll throw you a teaser that's pretty good.

It is a heads up display that 'rests' on top of your original personal mask. I got to wear one and put it on my head to try it. There is a head strap and then this clear 1 inch screen folds down infront of one of your mask lens. It's so tiny, you can easily move it side to side so you can just glance at the pressure, depth etc. Takes up less than 20% of one lens, very easy to ignore and see around. The screen is clear so you can see thru it, but the numbers are very bright to easy to read.These were prototypes and still being tweek'd. It's not ready yet til next spring, but it'll be approximately $800 and it'll be in spring 2018 & will go up on the Indigo or Kickstarter crowdfunding website.

20171101_160526.jpg

OK,,,I'll throw you a teaser that's pretty good.

It is a heads up display that 'rests' on top of your original personal mask. I got to wear one and put it on my head to try it. There is a head strap and then this clear 1 inch screen folds down infront of one of your mask lens. It's so tiny, you can easily move it side to side so you can just glance at the pressure, depth etc. Takes up less than 20% of one lens, very easy to ignore and see around. The screen is clear so you can see thru it, but the numbers are very bright to easy to read.These were prototypes and still being tweek'd. It's not ready yet til next spring, but it'll be approximately $800 and it'll be in spring 2018 & will go up on the Indigo or Kickstarter crowdfunding website.

View attachment 433254

So if someone backrolls or giant stride with this thing on top of their head without securing it with your hand...Not sure about everyone else but how many times have we read about GoPro headstraps falling off from water entry?

Also, how does one operate this unit with it on their head?

If you search Facebook (for those that aren't social-media resistant), you'll find some pictures.
Or try clicking here or herehttps://www.facebook.com/search/photos/?q=dema 2017

I found one pretty awesome thing I hadn't heard about until today.
The DiveX P1 Piranha Power-Tool battery
It uses 4ea DCB205 20V max batteries. The price varies pretty drastically for these types of batteries.
DeWalt - $300 (2-pack = $78.99 x2)
EnegiTech - $159.98 (2-pack = $78.99 x2)
Powerextra - $79.96 ($19.99 x4)
I'm one of those people that buys into "you get what you pay for" and "name brand = better quality" so I'd be leery of buying any brand other than DeWalt without doing some research first.

Not sure how much the DiveX part costs yet. I assume it doesn't include the batteries.

IMG_0263_clipped_rev_1_Grey-.jpg

Compare to a Shearwater NERD? Price, capability, weight, connection, etc.?
Father,

I fell in love with the NERD2. The nerd fits on your reg hose and looks to be a little larger. I did not see this heads up display, but wifi I look for it tomorrow. I want to order a couple of NERDs for our store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom