Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One tank dive via kayak at South Brohard during high tide Wednesday 11/1. Visibility about three foot and water temp around 75 degrees. Counted 80+ jellyfish throughout the water column but don't believe I was stung, it did distract me from looking for teeth tho!

Shore dive at Alhambra this morning.
8-10 ft viz
71F time to break out the 5 mil
Lots of small finds
Lots of sea nettles, but they are looking ragged
and most of their long tentacles are gone.
So, they should be dying off soon.

Appreciate these reports. Even though I'm not local, I'm sure this information will be handy when I eventually get to do the Venice shore dive.

Noticed some maintained NE winds and relatively calm seas on the forecast page I watch... Anyone one been out or Magic8 Ball predictions for this weekend (not sure I want to do the cold water, but if the viz is there I can be a big boy and give it a try!).

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving/ Thank you in advance for any reply / sorry about posting here to ask question (for Forum watchers) but this one gets best results in replies and it is related to the topic :)

Did S. Brohard this a.m. In around 10..................outgoing tide......................... viz wasn't as good as I had hoped...........about 3 - 5 ft..............lots of snot.................water temp 71

Did Kayak dive off Golden Beach yesterday... (sorry for late post).... 2 dives in around 10 ... back by 2:30... Viz was great for first 15 feet down... from 20 to 28 ft mark... varied.... 4 to 8 feet. Couple of pocket of silt dropped it down. Water temp was 72 on my computer. Good dive... 4 megs and small stuff. Not sure about viz going forward. Cold front and storms coming in this weekend. Good to be out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom