Santi E-Motion durability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taimen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to decide between Santi models. I am tempted to choose E-Motion due to it's light weight, but there must be a reason they have introduced E-Motion plus and E-Lite with stronger fabrics.
I would like to hear first hand experience on Santi E-Motion durability!

My E-Motion is still going strong after a year, but I only dive in open water, and I treat my E-Motion gently. I suspect Santi created the E-Motion Plus because they were getting feedback from cave and wreck divers that the E-Motion lacked the abrasion resistance of the E-Lite. I believe the original E-Motion is still a good option for divers who dive in open water and prefer the light weight for reasons such as air travel.

I only dive open water, 95% from boats. After 2 years and a couple hundred dives, my e-motion was looking quite ragged, especially where the lighter weight fabric was sewn. Like the fabric was stretching / failing where it was pierced by the the needle and thread. So much so that I decided to buy an e-lite and use the e-motion as a back up. A team mate who beach dives a couple of times a week had many leaks and problems in the area of the seems of her e-motion, and only after 18 months of use. She also bought an e-lite.

While I can not endorse the e-motion at all, the e-lite has been bullet proof. After 200 dives it still looks and performs like new.

My eMotion was never dry. Very much to their credit the folks at Halcyon replaced it eventually with a Plus. The original suit was purchased before Halcyon was involved with Santi so tip of the hat to them for stepping up and owning the problem.

I love the new suit. I have about 40 dives on it now and it's going strong.

I only dive open water, 95% from boats. After 2 years and a couple hundred dives, my e-motion was looking quite ragged, especially where the lighter weight fabric was sewn. Like the fabric was stretching / failing where it was pierced by the the needle and thread. So much so that I decided to buy an e-lite and use the e-motion as a back up. A team mate who beach dives a couple of times a week had many leaks and problems in the area of the seems of her e-motion, and only after 18 months of use. She also bought an e-lite.

While I can not endorse the e-motion at all, the e-lite has been bullet proof. After 200 dives it still looks and performs like new.

If Santi knows of reports like yours, it seems incredible that Santi continues to offer the original E-Motion. I mean, why bother offering a choice between the E-Motion and E-Motion Plus?

I've had my E-Motion for four winter seasons, no leaks, I do baby it though and only OW dive. Given the above posts if I was in the market and only considering Santi I'd not buy the E-Motion.

If Santi knows of reports like yours, it seems incredible that Santi continues to offer the original E-Motion. I mean, why bother offering a choice between the E-Motion and E-Motion Plus?
I am presuming/hoping Santi has integrated market feedbacks in the Emotion suits newly produced, i can't see why they'd risk damaging tbeir brand.
My wife just bought an Emotion lady suit produced in 2016, @C Dub, when was your Emotion produced? Like when did you buy it? You were maybe one of the early adopters?

Back
Top Bottom