Mantis M1 Button replacment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hitham

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i've been using the Mantis dive computer for a year now for scuba and freediving.. been in love with it so far, but lately the buttons got less responsive.. since i've no way to send it to service center due to my geographic location i decided to look around and pulled the buttons .. i found that the magnets got rusted and partially eroded so it can't make contact the watch frame..
so im hoping that i can find a place that would sell me the buttons or give me an idea to replace the magnets ?!

ps: i always rinse the watch with fresh water and most of the time i leave for an hour or two with the camera in bucket of fresh water :(

Not sure about the Mantis, but the shop I work for has sent a few Meridians back for new buttons covered under warranty. You will most likely need to contact a Scubapro shop and ship them the computer to send in to Scubapro. Their warranties are excellent, but everything has to go through a dealer.

Not sure about the Mantis, but the shop I work for has sent a few Meridians back for new buttons covered under warranty. You will most likely need to contact a Scubapro shop and ship them the computer to send in to Scubapro. Their warranties are excellent, but everything has to go through a dealer.

im in libya and due to the conflict in the country its hard to send it back to a dealer.. any way the process would take at least 3 months which means no scuba diving for the whole period.. so getting the buttons is gonna be a life saver for me since they're really easy to install

i remapped the buttons to get basic functionality but have two non working buttons :(

IMG_0286.JPG

I did a little digging and I think your out of luck. Scubapro won't even ship the buttons to us (Platinum Dealer), have to send the watch to them. Maybe you could find a dead Mantis on eBay, but the buttons would probably be questionable on those as well.

I did a little digging and I think your out of luck. Scubapro won't even ship the buttons to us (Platinum Dealer), have to send the watch to them. Maybe you could find a dead Mantis on eBay, but the buttons would probably be questionable on those as well.
Thanks for trying..

I didn't call Scubapro (closed today) but I asked the owner about it and he has tried to get just the buttons before. Maybe you may have more luck if can contact SP directly, but from reading around here they don't like to talk to the general public.

[QUOTE = "Hitham, post: 8135105, üye: 478268"] temel işlevleri elde etmek için düğmeleri yeniden kapattım ancak iki çalışma düğmem var :(

Hello, I have a mantis 1 hour. The buttons are broken. Did you repair the buttons? And how to remove buttons

[= Full ATTACH] 433.577 [/ ATTACH] [/ Quote]

[= Tam ATTACH] 433.577 [/ ATTACH] [/ Alıntı]

I habe problems with my Scubapro meridian black

Last edited:
i remapped the buttons to get basic functionality but have two non working buttons :(

View attachment 433577
Hey Hitham... I'm having trouble with my buttons not working either. How did you remove the buttons to check for corrosion? Also, this may help with the rusting... Home Depot sells a product called Metal Rescue that will remove rust corrosion and just about make anything that was rusted like new again. That's what I plan on doing if my buttons have rust (if I can get the buttons removed.)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom