D3 question units SN# last 4 digits below 6000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squid88

Registered
Reaction score
I just bought three new D3 1st stages and some service kits for when the time comes to service them. I noticed the service kits ask me to contact Edge/Hog before servicing if the D3 unit being serviced has the last 4 digits in the SN# below 6000. In my case all three units I just bought all have SN# below 6000.

Could someone please advise me what the warning is in relation too? Have these been recalled or outdated? Since I just bought them I'd like to know before I put them into service.

Very kind regards

Those were recalled, but I can't remember the reason. I would contact Hog to know for sure, but I had 3 D3s that had the issue the sub-6000 units were recalled for.

I believe there was a manufacturing defect near/on the hard seat that caused IP creep. I know there were a couple of O-rings that my first stages chewed through and I had a decently difficult time keeping one of them working right.

Hey guys, just to clarify this to prevent any confusion. The models that had some machining that were out of tolerance and that we were replacing under warranty were all models made in 2013 and the first quarter of 2014. The logo on them had our HOG Head but DID NOT have D3 as part of the logo. If you have a newer unit with a HOG Head Logo with D3 as part of it or the HOG Gear Logo the serial number is of no concern as there are no issues or warranty replacements being offered on them. I have attached pictures of the unit logos you do not need to reference serial numbers on. If you still have any other questions please contact us through our edge-gear.com contact us page on our website.

Attachments

• Version 2.2 Logo.jpg
    Version 2.2 Logo.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Version 2 Logo.jpg
    Version 2 Logo.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 196
9745523F-3CA6-4825-8196-D003CDFE8416.png
Yes after a call to Edge/Hog I found out mine were OK and I immediately put them into service.

There working great so far and I’ve teamed them up with some SP 156BA second stages. Breathing so effortlessly. I imagine the Hog/ edge seconds would also be very satisfying.

BTW all three of my second stages were identical at 137 PSI IP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom