Sola 800 won't charge!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a pair of Sola 800s and chargers and had the same problem. It was one charger. One worked, the other did not. Showed the green light too. Contact L&M and see what they say.

Having a similar but different problem:
My Sola 2500 wasn’t charged for roughly 6 month.
Now it is charging and the 3 leds on the light work as normal.
After a certain time they all stay on which indicates the battery is full.

But - the light doesn’t want to turn on

I tried the short contacts with the charger for 5 seconds - doesn’t work.
I opened the light and disconnected the board from the battery as advised in another post. Waited a minute then connected them again. The 3 LEDs blink 5 times red and orange.
Still the light doesn’t turn on.

Battery seems fully charged.

Anyone any idea?

I am not where I can check the manual, but look into the Solo "sleep mode".
I'm pretty sure you can search this online.

It sounds lie you may have put your light into this mode. I have done so myself.

thanks for your response.

That’s what I tried the whole afternoon. Short tapping with the plugged in charger on the contacts for about 5 seconds. No result.
When doing so the leds are indicating charging for the split seconds the contacts of the charger touch the contacts of the Sola.

That’s for Solas which r not charging if I understood them right.
Mine is charging but not turning on any more. The green Leds which r working perfectly fine while charging are not showing any response to the switch

Try the sleep mode multi tap several times. Tap quickly for 5 to 10 seconds. If it doesn't work, you may have to send it in. Mine was $150 plus shipping to recondition like new. Working great since.

The first time I encountered it my Sola 600 was fully charged but would not turn on. I would put it on the charger and it would say that it was charging for a few seconds and then shut down.

With my newer 1200 I put it into sleep mode several times by accident even in the middle of a dive , but now I know what to look for

Hey guys,

thx again for your support.
After countless failed attempts waking up the light I had the silly thought to open the light again.

Without the front led light unit I took one of these magnetic screwdrivers with a very light magnetic fields and was holding it above the magnetic switches on the “main board” and the green led turned on.

Attaching the led light unit, put everything in the housing and I tried it again, noting. But then with a stronger magnet - see there, it worked...
Seems there is something wrong, either with the switches on the board or the magnet...

So still not fixed but the problem is kind of clear now.

#light&motion - how is that possible???

Attaching

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom