The fresh fish of Alexander Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J322Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This is probably the equivalent of showing photos of my grandchildren (if I had any). To make it worse, this is unedited and over 11 minutes long. Still, if you like springs, and fish, you might enjoy a few minutes of it. On a windows PC you can ff 10 seconds by hitting the "L" key, rw 10 with the "J" and pause with the "K".

The fish at Alexander are exposed to divers almost every day of their lives so they're very relaxed and curious about us.

My favorite part starts at 9:25. Camera is Akaso EK7000 1080p @ 60fps

That was awesome when he bit your tongue !!
Great video, I gotta try that BHB.

Yeah, it was hard not to laugh...

I got pecked on the nose a few times too.

Those Cleaner Wrasse wanted to clean your gills. Yeah they were being "fresh" alright. :eyebrow:

Those Cleaner Wrasse wanted to clean your gills. Yeah they were being "fresh" alright. :eyebrow:
I didn't realize that they were hanging out under me so much until I watched the video. They're pretty fearless.

I can hear what they're saying? "Why you no have cheese whiz???" :D :D :D There are thousands of fish in the eelgrass, both domestics and invasives. Make a lot of noise and then go completely quiet. Thousands of shad will rise up. Look in between the grass and you'll see neon tetras, fancy tailed guppies, plecostomas, swordtails and more.

Thanks Chairman.

I've been to Alexander several times but last week was the first time I saw gar by the spring. There were at least 3 or 4 I think.

Swim around the edge, but stay under lest the park po-po get upset at you for being so close, and look up under the weed canopy. That's always a wow. Lots of turtles, a baby gator or three, HUGE tilapia, crawdads (I've only seen them twice in there), (did I mention turtles?), water snakes of all types and more fish. I think it's the nicest spring in the state in terms of water life.

Swim around the edge, but stay under lest the park po-po get upset at you for being so close, and look up under the weed canopy. That's always a wow. Lots of turtles, a baby gator or three, HUGE tilapia, crawdads (I've only seen them twice in there), (did I mention turtles?), water snakes of all types and more fish. I think it's the nicest spring in the state in terms of water life.
Where are we not supposed to go (other than past the ropes)?

Half of my dives since certification have been at Alexander. (That means 10) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom