Ginnie Spring CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently they are requiring cave CCR cards now (in general - obv don't know about ballroom/OW)

Not sure why that would matter as they allow OW divers in the ballroom, but perhaps common sense does not apply. I really hope the requirements creep does not catch on at other locations.

Did you pay extra for a Cave CCR card?
No. I do have a year pass that shows my credentials. However, I've seen them do CCR try dives there.

I like to use the Ginnie basin for the confined water portion of a CCR course. It's 15' deep, usually clear, and has enough real estate to work in.

I asked if I'd be able to continue using the basin for a beginning CCR course and they told me yes. I am going on a limb and saying maybe the ballroom will be allowed for certified CCR divers, but you should verify if it's a concern for you.

On the whole CCR Cave thing I'm more interested to see what's going to happen long term with someone that does all of their cave training on a CCR but then wants to dive open-circuit for one reason or another. I can see a potential case where a person flies to the states for a week of cave diving, but something happens to their CCR in transit. I doubt they'll spend their vacation hanging out at El Patio and will probably rent a set of doubles to go cave diving instead.

I like to use the Ginnie basin for the confined water portion of a CCR course. It's 15' deep, usually clear, and has enough real estate to work in.

I asked if I'd be able to continue using the basin for a beginning CCR course and they told me yes. I am going on a limb and saying maybe the ballroom will be allowed for certified CCR divers, but you should verify if it's a concern for you.

On the whole CCR Cave thing I'm more interested to see what's going to happen long term with someone that does all of their cave training on a CCR but then wants to dive open-circuit for one reason or another. I can see a potential case where a person flies to the states for a week of cave diving, but something happens to their CCR in transit. I doubt they'll spend their vacation hanging out at El Patio and will probably rent a set of doubles to go cave diving instead.

I can' believe your not worried someone might silt out the basin, get a student turned around, and they head into the cave to die. Sounds like the makings of a 40 page A&I thread.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom