Reading Prescription Dive Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use these:

Masks - SeaVisionUSA

I have 1 of each color lens (magenta, clear, and yellow), all with their gauge reader lenses. They are great (for me) for fit, not leaking, and seeing stuff that is close up.

My reading glass prescription is the same as yours. it

With the 2.0 gauge readers how far is the comfortable focus distance?

Does anyone here have any experience with Seavision glassing masks other than their own models? They have this option in their web page but they seem to be quite vague about possible mask models.

I use a single contact lens for close up vision in my left eye. The brain figures it out almost immediately and it works well for me.
I was having issues with my inserts yesterday, they didn't fit my low volume mask well so I put them in a "normal" mask and hated it, switched back to my old mask on next dive without inserts. A buddy suggested to me to get a soft contact and use it in this manner, he used to and commented as well that the mind adjust accordingly.
Will give it a try as I know many people who dive with contacts without issue.

Does anyone here have any experience with Seavision glassing masks other than their own models? They have this option in their web page but they seem to be quite vague about possible mask models.

That is why we went with Seavision 100%. Good face fit on the mask skirt and their own lenses ground to prescription.

Been wearing contacts above and below the surface, never loss one. I also wear one lens for near and one for far vision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom