Komodo North and South

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just completed the MERMAID II trip Bali-Komodo in October.
VERY good....lots of variety, lots of life, lots of action.
Here is the Komodo segment of the route map.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-5_22-30-0.png
    upload_2017-11-5_22-30-0.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 90
On the r/t cruise from Bali, did you go to South Tala, 3 Sisters, or Serikaya/Gebah (western Komodo).?

I don’t recall. Let me check my logbook when I’m back to Texas in 2 weeks.

Currently I’m in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia side of Red Sea). It ain’t Indonesia that’s all I can tell you. Diving in Indonesia spoils me. Next week I’ll be in Dibba / Fujairah, east UAE. I’ll see how’s the diving there.

Cannibal Rock rates high on my all-time best dive site list. I would be hard pressed to go to Komodo without going to Horseshoe Bay, unless I had separate trips planned to both the North and the South.

you get big aggregations of mantas in the south is what I was told. I only managed to get to the north and padar.

saw usually about 4 per dive in the northern sites known for having mantas (max was like 12 in one dive)

I’ll be in Dibba / Fujairah, east UAE. I’ll see how’s the diving there.

I'm going to miss you as I'll be up North in the Musandam during the weekend - which can be likened to Indonesia with some nice big currents. If you're still around after the weekend give me a shout

Reactions: Dan
I'm going to miss you as I'll be up North in the Musandam during the weekend - which can be likened to Indonesia with some nice big currents. If you're still around after the weekend give me a shout

Wow, so closed, but I’ll have to miss diving with you since I’ll be flying back home on Monday the 13th. Next time then mate. At least I got a chance to dive with @RainPilot in Dibba.

I'm planning to go on a liveaboard in Komodo around March/ April 2018.
Still couldn't decide whether to go to the North or South for the trip! Can anyone give some more advice? :) :)

I'm planning to go on a liveaboard in Komodo around March/ April 2018.
Still couldn't decide whether to go to the North or South for the trip! Can anyone give some more advice? :) :)
What do you want to see? What kind of water temp can you tolerate?

What do you want to see? What kind of water temp can you tolerate?
Both pelagic and macros! Is that too much I’m asking for?
I’ve dived in Nusa Penida. The temperature was 24 degree Celsius. It was a bit chilly at first but got used to it after a while.

I have done 7 trips with mermaid to komodo. Fantastic operation. Currents are there but the crew is very good. On one trip we had a full moon and the currents at some spots made the site like batu balong undiveable so we went to another site. The southern sites in horeshoe bay are in the 75 degree temperature and the northern sites are 80 degree. The water as you go south is greener also as you get into indian ocean water. Cannibal rock is cold but a fantastic site. reefscenics

Back
Top Bottom