At what age did this start happening to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just turned 30 years old couple days ago, spent my savings to buy complete scuba gear and i will do license next week. Start from OWD and AOWD , if its going well, then i will aiming for rescue diver in the following month. I dont know when i will stop diving tho, i never do any scuba diving before.lol

Mid 40's. Hasn't happened yet. :wink:

I'm 47 and just (finally!) got certified a few months ago. I hope to have plenty of diving years to go!

Noone asks me if I still dive at 48, but the all want to know if i still waterski competitively. Yes, i do!

The only reaction that I get now when people asked where I have been and I say SCUBA Diving, they say "YOU Scuba Dive?????? Then I tell them that I just lay on the ocean floor and blow bubbles. They don't get it. I don't either. Oh, I'm only 68 but they were a hard 6 hard 8.

Cheers - M²

I'm checking into the thread as hadn't posted in it in a few years, but I'm still treated the same by others as stated in my post from 2014. All that said, my body isn't treating me as well, knees and lower back want me out of it. That hasn't stopped me yet but I've had to stop being proud and ask for help. Fortunately, the crews I've encountered on my diving adventures, all seem to not think twice about it.
I don't golf anymore though. :D

I have run into a bunch of people I have not seen in years over the last 5 or 6 months and they all end up asking the same question "Do you still dive?". I just turned 55 two days ago. At what age did this start happening to you?

Anyone who knows me knows I just got back from a dive trip and I'm planning my next one. People who don't know me just look at me for a second and then ask me about diving. I guess I must look like I dive. Probably the seaweed stuck in my hair or something.

Sealark, that's seriously impressive, especially the 200 a year even now. You must live by the ocean?

I’m 69 will be 70 in May. I’m an active dive instructor and work as a dive master on a dive charter at least 100 days a year. My first dive on compressed air was in 1958, and spent 25 years in the U.S. Army 16 in Special Forces. I’m usually the oldest person aboard our boat. Fitness is the key to diving longevity, and it has been long recognized that most diving issues/incidents are directly related to health and fitness issues. I’ve never be confronted with your how old and you still Dive, but I don’t hide my age and often encourage my juniors to dive as long as they are fit to do so and offer my help.

Back
Top Bottom