FIJI 2017 TRIP REPORT & PIX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
FIJ_7973(LR6).jpg

For those interested, here are the links to the Fiji trip report and pic, including the SmugMug slide show.

TRIP REPORT: Fiji 2017 trip report

A FEW PIX: Fiji 2017

FULL SMUGMUG SLIDESHOW: FIJI 2017 (aboard the Fiji Aggressor) - kenkurtis

Enjoy (and plan to join us for a fabulous vacation in 2018)!!!

- Ken

Hi Ken,
Great trip report . I have a group that was booked on the ill fated Fiji Siren and looking at moving to the Aggressor instead. They have a week completely open in February which seems odd to me. With most liveaboards booking months (if not years) in advance I wonder why the boat is not already filled. Any additional advice about your experience on the Fiji Aggressor ?
Thanks !

Last edited:
First of all, I note you're from Mechanicsville. I used to live in Richmond and that's where I initially got certified, at the old W&W Dive Shop back in 1978. On to your question . . .
Any additional advice about your experience on the Fiji Aggressor ?
I think you'd be OK. Confirm that Gau and Wakaya are on the intended trip itinerary. If it's only Kadavu, some of the sites are as much rubble as they are reef. Apparently there have been some dynamite fishers through in the last year or so and that hasn't helped. The boat is going into drydock for a week in October and hopefully they'll be doing some sprucing up. I plan on sending them some suggestions. So with luck, you're be diving on a "new" Aggressor. The crew was great and we liked Captain Joji a lot. And, from a practical standpoint, if you've got a group in hand and can get the same or a similar week acceptable to your group, grab it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom