G250 flow vane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I’m looking for a couple of these if anyone has some lying around. Also a red “S” G250 purge button. Cheers.
77938726-03C5-4980-B9F4-305F2B163FA4.jpeg
618CF63E-548B-4E6B-895B-A6F3463D175D.jpeg
4D3C34A6-8E9F-4844-A844-D6E2BC6B0E88.jpeg

... not sure if they will fit a standard G250?

One of the changes SP made with the HP was in the flow vane. It does not need/use a retainer clip. However, that does not mean it will not work in a standard G250.

Edit with bad news from SP Bulletin #265
"Previous versions of the flow vane cannot be used in the new housing, nor can the snap-in flow vane be used in the previous housings."

Last edited:
Well, despite SB 265, that old vanes won't fit in the new housing, the reverse is not true:
A G250HP vane will snap right into an old G250 housing
But as noted above, because the little nipples that limit the direction of rotation are 90° out of alignment, the G260 vane will not work in the G250 housing.
Top: G260
Mid: G250HP
Bot: G250

Update:

I took possession of 6 hp flow vanes yesterday and fitted two today. I think that bulletin may have been "somewhat" correct. The amount of force required to get those vanes in had me worried, seems to me nothing plastic related should be that hard to fit, and when I say hard to fit I mean hard in the extreme. I had to use my table as leverage as there was no way I was getting it in with hands alone. So yes, you can get them to "fit" but not sure you should.

Your thoughts @rsingler

Out of curiosity I'd be interested to know the amount of force required to fit one to an HP, I suspect they just "snap" into place with minimal force.

There might be some subtle difference in the old case making it harder, but no worries at that pop-in force. The biggest difference is between the first insertion and subsequent insertions. There's no give in that little bulge until its first flex.
That old vane that I photo'ed in another post went in to my G250 just fine, but it was an old vane that had been flexed by removal and re-insertion more than once.
I think you'll be fine.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom