Reef House, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkpix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We used to LOVE going to the Reef House when it was a designated dive resort. Can’t find a better dive master than Davit! Has anyone been there lately. If so, did you enjoy it? Is the diving still great?

We used to LOVE going to the Reef House when it was a designated dive resort. Can’t find a better dive master than Davit! Has anyone been there lately. If so, did you enjoy it? Is the diving still great?

I visited in August. Davit and Choco are still a great dive op. The diving was very good with lots of fish on most of the sites, more than I've typically seen earlier in the year.
The meals aren't as sumptuous as they were in the past ("Mister Mike" days) but are still tasty and you won't go hungry.

We were there a few years ago.... loved the place, food was ok, crew was super... extremely unimpressed with the diving. Garbage and plastic floating all over and on the reefs. Nothing big at all... not a single turtle (given the plastic, I wasn't surprised) or sharks.

We enjoyed our week, but I think we have become to jaded with the diving in the offshore atolls of Belize, that we have high expectations.

(Davit explained that that there was a major landfill just up the shore and after heavy rains, tons of garbage washes into the ocean.)

We would love to go back and so will watch this thread.. We did have heavy rains, so perhaps our week wasn't typical..

We loved the resort itself though... and it's certainly great value.

Reactions: Doc
I was there in January 2016 and January 2017. The resort is certainly laid-back, although “resort” may be a bit much. I felt the diving was just OK, not a lot of fish life, but the reefs were in pretty good condition considering all that’s been going on in the oceans for the past couple decades. The food was good, the portions adequate and the kitchen very accommodating. I have some minor food issues and they went out of their way to accommodate me.

The dive op, Choco and Davitt, were quite accommodating as usual. They had some mechanical problems that prevented them from providing nitrox for the week. I spent my afternoons on the house reef and found as much there as I did on the morning boat dives. Being toward the east end of the island, we saw few other dive boats for most of the week. A big plus.

If you’re looking for basic accommodations and decent diving, this is certainly a place that provides a lot of value for your money.

Reactions: Doc
I've done or checked-out everything there except sleep and make poopie.

Howzat work? Bidet? Palm fronds?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom