Curacao - First Time Opportunity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from 9 days of diving - love Curaçao

Used Enterprise rental, grabbed a 4 seater truck and did mostly shore dives. Preferred this over the two days we dive with ocean encounters.... Moo !
Stayed at Sunscape, it was our first and last all inclusive, just not my thing, OE pier staff was very nice and so is their house reef.
Most of the shore dive sites are so clearly marked and the beach shops so pleasant to work with I would not hesitate to go it alone.
Don't drive ? Dive bus is a nice option, as for us, we ran into them in two parking lots so not super exclusive sites but a safe, well run setup.

Enjoy !

Just returned from 9 days of diving - love Curaçao

Used Enterprise rental, grabbed a 4 seater truck and did mostly shore dives. Preferred this over the two days we dive with ocean encounters.... Moo !
Stayed at Sunscape, it was our first and last all inclusive, just not my thing, OE pier staff was very nice and so is their house reef.
Most of the shore dive sites are so clearly marked and the beach shops so pleasant to work with I would not hesitate to go it alone.
Don't drive ? Dive bus is a nice option, as for us, we ran into them in two parking lots so not super exclusive sites but a safe, well run setup.

Enjoy !
I am going to Curaçao next May and was just wondering what shops did you use for tank renta, since I will also be doing mainly Shore dives

We only dove OE only to do Klein and double reef. Although double can be done by shore, it's much easier by boat with a long swim, plus there is no shop or tanks that I'm aware of. Double was the best dive of the entire trip for marine life.

As far as the dive bus we did have banter before hitting the island but once there we were quickly reminded of just how easy self-guided shore diving is there and how many easy options there are.

Staying at Sunscape which has OE, both there and at lions dive, we were able to rent thanks for both their sites, use their lockers etc and can take tanks out when traveling.

Porto Marie, Casa Abou and playa lagun had both excellent security in the parking lot, great shops with tanks and weights and shop operators willing to either hold our valuables or hold a key when we lock them else where.

Other great dive sites we did included Santa Cruz
Westpunt.

If you have dove Bonaire you will find Curaçao just as easy to enter and self guide. The roads to the sites just aren't marked as well.
The sites with beaches are actually very nice to do your service interval at the beach grabbing a quick snack either you brought or from one of the beach bars. Also the beaches have rinse tanks, benches and tables for set up and will help you with a dive briefing if you so choose. Enjoy !

We only dove OE only to do Klein and double reef. Although double can be done by shore, it's much easier by boat with a long swim, plus there is no shop or tanks that I'm aware of. Double was the best dive of the entire trip for marine life.

As far as the dive bus we did have banter before hitting the island but once there we were quickly reminded of just how easy self-guided shore diving is there and how many easy options there are.

Staying at Sunscape which has OE, both there and at lions dive, we were able to rent thanks for both their sites, use their lockers etc and can take tanks out when traveling.

Porto Marie, Casa Abou and playa lagun had both excellent security in the parking lot, great shops with tanks and weights and shop operators willing to either hold our valuables or hold a key when we lock them else where.

Other great dive sites we did included Santa Cruz
Westpunt.

If you have dove Bonaire you will find Curaçao just as easy to enter and self guide. The roads to the sites just aren't marked as well.
The sites with beaches are actually very nice to do your service interval at the beach grabbing a quick snack either you brought or from one of the beach bars. Also the beaches have rinse tanks, benches and tables for set up and will help you with a dive briefing if you so choose. Enjoy !
Thank you for all info..

Back
Top Bottom