Miserable Westsuit Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was diving at a quarry on a very cold day and while I was kitting up a friend asked the burger van for a cup of hot water and poured it into my gloves before I put them on. It was lovely!
Perhaps you could ask for a barrel of hot water and soak your wetsuit in that?

Does anyone really soak their suit first? Hard to get on, no? The bin of hot water though is a good idea in a cold climate as with a good lid it will stay pretty warm for a long time. You can warm up with it between dives--put hood, gloves in there or stand in it. Worked well for students (and me) when I was DMing.

I just used hot tap water in a gallon milk jug. I put a towel around it an the trunk of the car. When I suit up I pour a generous amount in until it comes out the ankles and down the back. Much rather feel warm water cooling down than f&#king cold water warming up, especially around the family jewels. It works well with gloves, too.

The idea of soaking a suit is pretty unappealing (especially in a communal pot) considering what people do in wetsuits.... urine stew. Also with a cold wind you are better off with the outer skin of the suit dry.

A couple of milk jugs of hot water, when placed in a cooler will stay warm for the better part of a day. You do need to be careful that you don't burn yourself by pouring warm water down the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom