Best fins for diving with current for a petite female

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be going with my daughter to Socorro islands.

She is 4'10" and is currently diving with oceanic vipers in calm Caribbean waters.

What would be a good fin for a small foot that would be good for strong currents as well.

Thanks

The Gull Super MEW or the Gull Cypher are both great fins for current and since Gull is a Japanese company they are perfect for small, petite folks. I have a shop in Okinawa and all my staff dive one of these two fins and almost all the other local instructors are have these fins they are some the best fins made-and come in a variety of colors.

I bought the Mares avantiQuattro because I’m going to Socorro in a little over a week. I tried them out in Belize a few months back and they are great. Im 5’3” and about 130 lbs, best fins I’ve tried. Give me a lot of power with minimal effort.

Scubapro Seawing Nova has great combination of flexibility and lightness (plus, it floats), and gives more power than the split fin style that many small divers initially seem to opt for. Much better in current on top of being less tiring than stiffer varieties.

My wife and I have Quatros and they are awesome, but the old Jet fins and all the knockoffs still seem to push harder if you have the leg for it. I bought a set of these when they were $60 and they are great fins, now they are marked down to what a set of spring straps would cost. They WILL move you through the water. At $30....how can you go wrong?

Classic Fins w/Spring Heels, Medium

Will be going with my daughter to Socorro islands.

She is 4'10" and is currently diving with oceanic vipers in calm Caribbean waters.

What would be a good fin for a small foot that would be good for strong currents as well.

Thanks

Los Ninos Freedive Fins | MAKO Spearguns

MLNFF-2T.jpg

I bought the Mares avantiQuattro because I’m going to Socorro in a little over a week. I tried them out in Belize a few months back and they are great. Im 5’3” and about 130 lbs, best fins I’ve tried. Give me a lot of power with minimal effort.

I also have the Mares Avanti Quattro+. I am 5’4” 127-135 pounds. I usually frog kick with these even in current and when there is very strong current i do a slow flutter. These are stiff fins and great for current. I had a DM in Cozumel buy my pair off me (she had been waiting for someone with them in her size to come!). They are a favorite among DMs, instructors etc in cozumel and Indonesia where there is strong current and drift dives.

Diverite XT fins, but should have a strong legs. They even have red coloured now on DiveGearExpress ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom