Diverite vs SPro Hydro vs AL Outlaw vs Helios ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked up an AL Outlaw yesterday on a sweet Black Friday deal and dove with it today. I really like it! I immediately got rid of the plastic carabiner and that silicone octo holder. My other BC is a BP/W. It came with the 25lb bladder which can float my physically overweight self (180lbs with 10 lbs of dive weights) just fine.

f you get to try one, would you mind giving a review ?
I know its been a while since you asked but we finally got a chance to dive one on a recent Florida trip. One of the DMs on the trip used one. She has been using a Aqua Lung Zuma for travel the last couple years and likes it. She felt like the Rogue is much better and any drawbacks on the Zuma have been addressed. The articulated buckles on the shoulder straps made it much more comfortable and easy to put on and take off. The weight pouches are further back on the hips and (if you're standing up) vertical toward the back of the hips instead of horizontal on the front of the hips. The daisy chain attachment points mean there is a lot of places to hang things you need or tweak exactly where gauges/octos are. The Rogue seems much more robust than the Zuma also, especially the earlier Zuma. The Rogue was a hit with her. I have only got to borrow one for about 10 minutes in shallow water but was pretty impressed. For my students I see the ability to mix sizes (medium shoulders with large waist, adding the pocket extender etc. etc.) to fit a wide variety of people as a huge positive. making it customizable in how it's fit. Our DM also liked how packable it was. I'm looking forward to a more substantial dive in one in the next few weeks and may/probably will replace my single tank BC for it.
Again sorry for how long it took

How does the either the Outlaw or the Rogue do about pushing you forward at the surface? Compared to other back inflate BCs?

I checked with the DM who dove it on the trip and she stated it wasn't different than the Zuma to her. In the real short time I tried it I didn't notice any difference from mine.

I checked with the DM who dove it on the trip and she stated it wasn't different than the Zuma to her. In the real short time I tried it I didn't notice any difference from mine.
Thanks, that helps. I assume that means it's like other back inflate BCs - i.e., there's a tendency to push you forward a bit if you inflate fully at the surface but you can still manage a good position with your head fully above water if you're careful about the position of your weights and the amount of air in the bladder...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom