Avanti Quattro Plus vs. Seawing Nova for current

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Mares. You can’t go wrong with them and if you vary your kick as I do, I highly recommend you buy these.

It you stick with pretty much one kick or don’t mind owning more than one pair of fins...buy both!

I have the Mares. You can’t go wrong with them and if you vary your kick as I do, I highly recommend you buy these.

It you stick with pretty much one kick or don’t mind owning more than one pair of fins...buy both!

Now, if I owned both, which pair would/should I bring to Cozumel? :D

Honest answer, and remember I have not dove the Novas...

Drift diving should not involve a lot of against the current swimming. Ideally you just *drift* with the current. I like the maneuverability I have with my Mares to adjust my position in the water column. And as I said, I change up my kicks while diving to reduce back fatigue.

But honestly I don’t think you can go wrong with either. The Novas might win in flutter but I doubt the Mares would be too far behind.

@buddhasummer came across your post, would you say the gorillas are stiffer than the Quattro Plus? Or about the same?

About the same, from memory the Gorillas may be a tad stiffer...but the Quattros in the same size are longer. If I had to again choose only one between the two, I'd go with the Quattros.

I’d love to know what you think! I was deciding between the 2 too, and finally grabbed a pair of Quattros today. Very excited! I don’t need anything else making my feet float

I’d love to know what you think! I was deciding between the 2 too, and finally grabbed a pair of Quattros today. Very excited! I don’t need anything else making my feet float

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it work yet. With my 6.5 mm booties, size 7 feet, the size small Quattro fit fine on land but was wobbly in the water. I'm still searching for a thicker soled boot to see if it will work. My husband uses the Quattros (same size) and he likes it. I might have to get the three channelled ones (I think they're called Avanti 3s?) since they have a size extra small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom