WiFi Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm working on planning another trip to Cozumel in 2018! I'm looking at Hotel Cozumel because it seems like a bargain! Does any one know how the in-room wifi is? I <shudder> will have to do some work during the time we're there.
I've stayed there on a couple of trips, took my laptop and spent too much time online. It was usually acceptable, depending on the shared demand. Problems happen but they pass. Speed is not great, but it's workable.

Is the food really as bad as I've heard? Cost wise, I can still walk into town for dinner a few times!
I'm sure that some food snobs hate it, but I thought it was fine. I don't think anyone would want to eat all of their meals there as any AI is going to get boring in a week, but anytime you don't have time or inclination to hike a mile or more into town, it's a nice guarantee.

It's been a while, but we stayed a few days at HC. Breakfasts were what you would expect and totally acceptable. As I recall, we ate lunches across the street at their beach front - Mexican fare and quite good. The dinners were pretty bad, bland and boring - just food.

Wi-fi? Like Christi says, good on the island but sometimes not so good at the resorts. If you can, take a hot spot.

Actually - we have very good internet on the island depending on where you're located and which plan and equipment you have. Whether the individual hotels each have the highest speed available or adequate routers/extensions is a different story.

I was just on vacation in Hawaii recently and they are still on dial up in many areas and other areas have absolutley no internet OR cell service. It was a great reason to be unplugged :)
I beg to differ Christi, I've stayed at Bahia Suites many times and the Wifi there is terrible for HD Netflix streaming and all my Bitcoin mining.

I beg to differ Christi, I've stayed at Bahia Suites many times and the Wifi there is terrible for HD Netflix streaming and all my Bitcoin mining.

How exactly are you differing with her? She didn't say any particular place, much less Suites Bahia, had good wifi.

How exactly are you differing with her? She didn't say any particular place, much less Suites Bahia, had good wifi.
For laughs man, I was being sarcastic. She said wifi is questionable depending on where you are in town-Bahia Suites is in town, and who tries to stream HD Netflix/Bitcoin mining while on vacation?

For laughs man, I was being sarcastic. She said wifi is questionable depending on where you are in town-Bahia Suites is in town, and who tries to stream HD Netflix/Bitcoin mining while on vacation?
Sarcasm is often hard to recognize in text unless you provide some sort of indicator that it is what you mean. A lot of people, actually, are so plugged in to whatever they do on line that they cannot bear to be separated from it even when they are on vacation.

Bitcoin mining LOL....:funnypost::funnypost:...... may be too much bitcoin mining in Cozumel. That is why the price of it went down 1k this week. Now stop mining and go diving.

Thanks everyone for their input! I just can't decide!

Any recommendations for a hotspot for Coz?

I'm working on planning another trip to Cozumel in 2018! I'm looking at Hotel Cozumel because it seems like a bargain! Does any one know how the in-room wifi is? I <shudder> will have to do some work during the time we're there.

Is the food really as bad as I've heard? Cost wise, I can still walk into town for dinner a few times!
When I was last there it was intermittent between barely acceptable and unusable. During the morning when everyone is out diving is your best time to use their internet. I also brought a 4G access point (Verizon) with a roaming plan that included Mexico. It wasn't much better. If I remember right, I was connecting to "TelCel". So, if you're going to get an access point, avoid them.

When I needed to do something for work, I went downtown to a restaurant. They tended to have less users and therefore better overall performance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom