Rules for PADI istructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is also the option of an agency other than PADI. You may find that another agency meets your teaching style better or has standards more in line with what you believe in. If you are looking for the "best" instructor course for yourself you owe it to yourself to research other agencies and other avenues to becoming and instructor to find what is best for you.

I completely understand @Budprop 's question about certifying someone without charging especially based on the question before that. I am assuming he/she meant someone like Sister/Brother in Law etc. You may have to certify them without charging them and paying for the certifications and fees from your own pocket.

Its tantamount to providing any service for your immediate family free of charge for any profession, for example, a lawyer, a computer engineer or any other profession which even may include buying some basic parts or filing fees on the behalf of your immediate family.

Just like in a group of 8 - 10 people the Dive Shop would give enough discount to make one diver's certification virtually free, why can not one offer their services free of charge to their loved ones.

Again, this is just my opinion and support for what the Original Poster wants to achieve. After I have spent time and money on getting an instructor certificate, I would want my loved ones to take advantage of that for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom