Waterproof storage for keys while shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mares Dry Box (like an Otterbox) and Personal Dry Box (egg) are interesting.
My computer must be on the "b" list though. I found the egg at Mares--but there are no reviews of it yet, indicating it is new and unpopular and untested perhaps--and the first US web site where I found it, had no technical specs (like size or depth rating) but curiously said WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO SHIP THIS TO YOUR COUNTRY. Hmm, that would be...the same country they are in, the US of A.

Almost sounds like the electronics industry, advertising things that don't exist, to see if there will be a market for them before they start making them. And it looked so reasonable!
Or just a routine marketing agreement?

Well sure, but those work sometimes too. Lots of manipulation goes on through the information channels.

The Mares Dry Box (like an Otterbox) and Personal Dry Box (egg) are interesting.
My computer must be on the "b" list though. I found the egg at Mares--but there are no reviews of it yet, indicating it is new and unpopular and untested perhaps--and the first US web site where I found it, had no technical specs (like size or depth rating) but curiously said WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO SHIP THIS TO YOUR COUNTRY. Hmm, that would be...the same country they are in, the US of A.

Almost sounds like the electronics industry, advertising things that don't exist, to see if there will be a market for them before they start making them. And it looked so reasonable!

It's not vapor-ware in Europe. No idea about USA. YMMV

Reviews … you're not really looking
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mares-Plastic-Egg-Dry-Box/dp/B0013DJ8CE/ref=cts_sp_1_vtp

https://www.amazon.fr/product-revie...p_d_cmps_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

And that would stop one of their US dealers from shipping a product to the primary country they are authorized to sell things in? It just makes no sense, like so many poorly done web sites.
If the product is unavailable in the US market, it is odd that an (apparently, but sometimes they pretend) US dealer would sell it. Sounds like it is not a Mares product, and they only have marketing rights to sell it in the EU and other locations, licensed from someone else who has the US rights to it.

Too complicated for a plastic egg!

I'll have to keep on leaving the fob behind and just diving with the "damnit Hal, just open the pod bay doors!" key.

And that would stop one of their US dealers from shipping a product to the primary country they are authorized to sell things in? It just makes no sense, like so many poorly done web sites.
If the product is unavailable in the US market, it is odd that an (apparently, but sometimes they pretend) US dealer would sell it. Sounds like it is not a Mares product, and they only have marketing rights to sell it in the EU and other locations, licensed from someone else who has the US rights to it.

Too complicated for a plastic egg!

I'll have to keep on leaving the fob behind and just diving with the "damnit Hal, just open the pod bay doors!" key.

indeed. exactly the same item can be found with a scubapro label on it.

all the major scuba brands third party source their non-core accessories. that not a criticism, its basic business

Dont laugh....

Double bag the fob in a couple of condoms. Works very well and they are cheap. I keep a couple of condoms in my dive kit. They are very stretchy and easily tied off. They are so stretchy, one can actually be used to cover an Ipad or Android tablet.

Attachments

• Ikelite 3001.jpg
    Ikelite 3001.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 79
Dont laugh....

Hard to resist laughing. Unlubricated, I assume ...

You must get some salty comments from your dive buddies.

I would be concerned about the effect of direct water pressure on the key fob ... is this not a concern ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom