Marine Forecast for Carmel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

briannapstevens

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, Monterey divers! When I shore dive, I know what forecast to look at. However, tomorrow we're boat diving in Carmel and I'm not sure what forecast to look at. Seems like it might be rough. Big swells. Do they hit Carmel as hard as the shore spots in Monterey proper? Hope not. Paid a lot and have really been looking forward to it. Also, anyone know what the status of the jellyfish bloom is? Thanks!

If it’s a big swell you probably won’t make it to Carmel most boats will stay close to Monterey if it is rough. I haven’t looked at the swell report but some will depend on the direction of the swell and if Monterey is blown out you can almost bet Carmel is too. You can also look at the Pebble Beach webcams to give you what the ocean is doing in real time.

So did you make it to Carmel?
No, we did not. We stayed in the bay. It wasn't really rough, but the viz was SO bad that we aborted our first dive. When I say "bad," I mean worse than I've ever seen and I've logged a whole lot of dives in Monterey. I couldn't even see my gauges. And, if I can't tell depth or air and if I can't see my compass, I'm just straight up uncomfortable. You know? And then on the second dive, my husband lost his weight pouch. We found it and put it back in and then it fell out AGAIN (it was a rental BC). So the whole day was pretty much an abortion. Sucked, because it cost a lot of money. ::sniff::

No, we did not. We stayed in the bay. It wasn't really rough, but the viz was SO bad that we aborted our first dive. When I say "bad," I mean worse than I've ever seen and I've logged a whole lot of dives in Monterey. I couldn't even see my gauges. And, if I can't tell depth or air and if I can't see my compass, I'm just straight up uncomfortable. You know? And then on the second dive, my husband lost his weight pouch. We found it and put it back in and then it fell out AGAIN (it was a rental BC). So the whole day was pretty much an abortion. Sucked, because it cost a lot of money. ::sniff::

I would have called the dive, too! By chance was the rental BC an Aqua Lung?

For future use, I like this one too: CDIP recent forecast fm_mon_xxx

So I would call these dives a learning experience!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom