December 2017 Scubaboard Microsurge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since daRook has promised to leave his camera here at Bamboo Bali, I may be enticed to do the night dive. I'm not big on them, but the chance of seeing a String of Pearls is intriguing.

I was trying to keep track of who was where when. The family and I are heading down to Captain Don's next week Dec 17th -24th. I am going to be bbsitting a newly certified diver and a 13 year old that knows how to look at her computer and likes to stay at 35 feet. No sneaking to 50. So mornings will be off Captain dons going to the cliff and going to the reef restoration.

If anyone is around I would love to go on a dive. I have boat dives set up for me so I can get my fix, but would like to meet some of you guys if you are around.

We will have a truck etc.

Anyway we can get a beer if not a dive

JJ
Hi homerdoc!

I think most of us are returning home this weekend :( It may be time for Bonaire to start a similar “roll call” as the Cozumel thread.

Hi homerdoc!

I think most of us are returning home this weekend :( It may be time for Bonaire to start a similar “roll call” as the Cozumel thread.
I think that is a good idea. We are scheduled to go home Sunday. Do I have to go? I like vacation more than work!

After we saw you this morning we went up and did Oil Slick. Meh. Then back down to the south for an sublime dive at Invisibles. I love that site so much and the entry is so easy. I think I could rotate between Red Beryl, Invisibles and Something Special and be completely happy.

Oh yeah, see you this evening for our night dive and hopefully pearls!

I think that is a good idea. We are scheduled to go home Sunday. Do I have to go? I like vacation more than work!

After we saw you this morning we went up and did Oil Slick. Meh. Then back down to the south for an sublime dive at Invisibles. I love that site so much and the entry is so easy. I think I could rotate between Red Beryl, Invisibles and Something Special and be completely happy.

Oh yeah, see you this evening for our night dive and hopefully pearls!
After we saw you at Red Beryl (which was awesome, by the way)- we went to The Lake and had an outstanding dive on the double reef system- Saw a big 6 foot green moray out and about, a turtle and a big crab consuming some vittles- after that we went up to Andrea 1 and went south and hit the thousands of young fish exploding on the reef again. A beautiful Spotted Drum and 2 nice size turtles in the shallows 5 feet deep during the exit. See you shortly for the night dive.

Just north of DF Yellow Submarine. The one way road south starts there and goes past DF. We park, if the is parking space, along the short dead end road at the curve.

Attachments

• 6F133CA7-FBE5-4DD9-AAD0-F7AB79CBF6BD.png
    6F133CA7-FBE5-4DD9-AAD0-F7AB79CBF6BD.png
    739 KB · Views: 36
Perfect. Thanks. How was The Lake? We ended up at Andrea 1 and had a great dive.
Hoping we can grab a pizza at Pasa Bon Pizza after the night dive.

Perfect. Thanks. How was The Lake? We ended up at Andrea 1 and had a great dive.
Hoping we can grab a pizza at Pasa Bon Pizza after the night dive.
Wonderful. We hope to do it again. Thanks for the recommendation and looks like we need to add Andrea 1 to the list!

See you soon!

...Eric is requesting the Angel City to Hilmer Hooker dive.

After we saw you at Red Beryl (which was awesome, by the way)- we went to The Lake and had an outstanding dive on the double reef system-

FWIW: If you guys have fairly good air consumption rates it's fun to dive the double reef system and the Hilma Hooker in the same dive.

Option #1: Enter at The Lake, dive out across the sand channel to the outer reef, turn south and dive on the outer reef for 25 minutes or so, turn back towards shore and cross the sand channel over the Hilma Hooker, and then dive north along the inner reef until you return to where you started at The Lake.

Option #2: Dive a similar pattern, only this time clockwise, starting at Angel City, out over the channel to the outer reef, then north, then coming back over the channel and the Hooker again. Personally this one is my favorite because the outer reef is a bit shallower than further north near The Lake.

For either dive the trick is not to dive too deep when crossing the sand channel or exploring the outer reef. We usually try to stay around 50' or so crossing the channel and no deeper than 60' to 70' on the outer reef. We usually cross back over the channel to the Hooker when the top of the outer reef drops to 70' or so.

(Apologies in advance if you already know about this.)

I was trying to keep track of who was where when. The family and I are heading down to Captain Don's next week Dec 17th -24th. I am going to be bbsitting a newly certified diver and a 13 year old that knows how to look at her computer and likes to stay at 35 feet. No sneaking to 50. So mornings will be off Captain dons going to the cliff and going to the reef restoration.

If anyone is around I would love to go on a dive. I have boat dives set up for me so I can get my fix, but would like to meet some of you guys if you are around.

We will have a truck etc.

Anyway we can get a beer if not a dive

JJ

I can probably help you out with that. We'll be on the island Dec 16 through Jan 7. We've enjoyed diving Bonaire for 20 years and this will be our 9th consecutive 3 week Christmas trip. So my wife is usually content to dive only once a day and I often dive solo while she shops, reads, or enjoys relaxing around the pool etc.

We'll be renting a private home on the hill in Santa Barbara and getting our tanks from DFB's Hamlet shop. The driving route between takes me right past Habitat, so meeting you there or at DFB's shop should be pretty easy.

We don't have a local phone at the house. The best way to contact me on the island is via the WhatsApp mobile app that works over wifi. (If you haven't used it before you should install and configure it while your still on your mobile network at home. After that it works over WiFi without need for connection to cellular network on Bonaire. (Whatsapp also works great for mobile calls to many Bonaire restaurants and businesses.) Second choice would be email. I'll PM you with my contact info.

After we left everyone at red beryl, good dive btw, we watched you guys go under while doing our SI then decided to check red slave, seemed calm enough so we made that our 2nd for the day.
Lunch, new tanks then off to Andrea I, only to surface and see @Trailboss123 heading in.
Headed further north and decided to do tolo....made it in to the 20' depth and my computer o-ring blew again and had to abort.
Exchanged tanks again and headed to the rock, but as we got close we noticed the ship at salt pier left.....change of plans. We were first in with about 3 trucks backing up as we were heading down.

Exciting day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom