December 2017 Scubaboard Microsurge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs Trailboss and I started out today with a 6:30am shore dive in front of our villa- after breakfast, we went north to dive 1,000 Steps and then Karpata. After the long route past Goto Meer and through Rincon back to town, we made our way to The Lake for the 2nd time this week and it didn't disappoint. We stopped in to the new Delfin's Resort for a cup of Thai Tom Ka soup and a plate of lime chips and guacamole while enjoying the waves roll in at lighthouse point. We made it back to the villa around 4:30pm for our last of 5 dives for the day back on the house reef for dusk. A great day and our last for diving. We have the early 7:30am flight to Houston on Sunday. Once I get things sorted, I will post some photos. Lots of good stuff from the night dive with @darook @uncfnp and @Soloist Thursday night- including that Octo I posted on post #69. I have a 1+ minute video of that Octo crawling around.

upload_2017-12-8_18-27-51.png

Another shot of the Octo going back into the hole and changing color.

I'll put in a reservation tomorrow at PBP...I'll tell them 8+.

@Trailboss123...speaking of the drive, we took for the 1st time the dirt road back to Sabadeco.....made me feel like I was in Costa Rica....but at least it was quicker than the long way thru Rincon

Great shots of the octopus! That's what I thought I saw lurking in the background of darook's earlier photo I linked.

I'm interested in hearing your reviews of the new Pasa Bon Pizza location, including parking options. Personally I kind of liked the open air atmosphere of the original location. I'll be a bit disappointed if the new location offers an A/C experience only.

Regarding the nasty weather back home... keep your eyes and ears open for flight changes, especially if you're on one of the Delta flights. I just read a new post over on TripAdvisor from someone who wrote that Delta just sent them a message advising that their Sunday flight from ATL to BON has already been cancelled.

Regarding the nasty weather back home... keep your eyes and ears open for flight changes, especially if you're on one of the Delta flights. I just read a new post over on TripAdvisor from someone who wrote that Delta just sent them a message advising that their Sunday flight from ATL to BON has already been cancelled.
Oh no. Thanks for the warning. Not seeing any info on changes any of the places I know to check.

The pier is done, but is not being used for boat diving as yet. If you do your check out dive there, one of the staff from Dive Friends walks out to the end of the pier with extra weights while you descend to check your buoyancy. Overall, all the impressions we are getting regarding Delfins and the Dive Friends operation there are super positive. The food at their restaurant is awesome. I thought the diving was good and there is no easier entry and exit into the water on the island. The dive site can be known to be current sensitive due to its proximity the point- but we didn't encounter any.

How was the dive at Lighthouse Point? Any headway on the pier construction? Sounds like everyone is having a great time:)

I take that back on the pier. What I thought was the pier is just a long walk out to a cabana that looks like a pier, but isn't. Not sure on the status of the pier. I am headed over there shortly to return tanks and settle up accounts with Dive Friends and will see what I can find out. Also, on entry and exit at Delfins: My wife and I were going to dive there yesterday afternoon and there was no way we were getting in the water there- on a calm or normal day, the entry and exit are ideal. However, yesterday afternoon, the winds and swell were bringing in 3 foot waves right onto shore- I think this is due to the proximity to lighthouse point. Swell and winds wrap around that point and generate some serious waves. We drove a mile north to our villa and had no problem entering the water- completely different.

Great shots of the octopus! That's what I thought I saw lurking in the background of darook's earlier photo I linked.

I'm interested in hearing your reviews of the new Pasa Bon Pizza location, including parking options. Personally I kind of liked the open air atmosphere of the original location. I'll be a bit disappointed if the new location offers an A/C experience only.

That octopus crawled back in there just before I could get it framed. I saw the shrimp and parasitic bug there so took a shot of it.

Our Delta flight tomorrow is still showing on time. We are checked in for it now and even got bumped up to Comfort plus on that leg. The flight down here today is two hours late and is landing around 5. That is going to mess up connections for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom