What would these be used for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I started diving again last year I was loaned a light by the LDS that had one of these attached to it. Could probably use it for a compass, as well, but I didn't find it all that helpful. A bit too dangly.

Erik

If you have a camera, you can attach the lanyard end to the tray and then clip the other end on to your BCD. when you unsnap the middle, you can move your camera freely, but if you drop it, then it doesn't go far.

I don't use one, but I have heard of people who do use them for that.

That is exactly what I use it for. Snapped on a chest dring, when together keeps it tight to make sure you don't dangle on a reef excetera. Unsnap to use camera.

If I could only remember to keep my finger out of the picture frame when shooting

Thanks guys. I have two and couldn't figure out a use....I use a GoPro, but I swim with it in my hand. Guess they'll go into the what if and when box :)

I use one for my Go Pro, but I needed to add a split ring to the small handle in order to attach the lanyard to the camera.

I use a thinner one for my reef hold-off rod. I don't really know what to call that thing, but it's a 14" aluminum rod with a small handle that I jam in the sand to steady myself during macro photo, or wedge in a crevice in the coral to shoot without hurting myself or the coral formation.
Anyway, between balancing the camera and holding myself in position, this keeps me from losing it until I stow it away on the swim to the next place of interest. And the coil allows me to grab it and stretch my arm out to whatever position I need to brace my body from.
The one in your pic is probably too light for my cameras, and a little too heavy for my poker. What is that thing called, anyway?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom