December 2017 Scubaboard Microsurge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Claudia and I had a nice final dive with Darook this morning at Something Special. Once again a great dive with better vis today. Got an excellent video of a turtle munching on some fish remains, had not seen that before. Ms. Darook was on injured reserve with some ear issues but was great to see her as well. Another great trip to Bonaire. We don’t leave until 3:45 Sunday so some relaxing is in order. (Looks like Delta will make it) :wink:. When we get home and catch up at work (UGH) will try to post photos. Great to meet you all and have a Wonderful and Blessed Christmas and an awesome 2018.

For Pasa Bon, I got the reservation confirmed before our 4th dive. The said it is a table for 8 to 10 people.....see everyone @8pm

Eric and I just got in from the last dive and gear clean up. We are beat and I hate it but we are going to pass on tonight and try to relax a little before we start the packing. It was great meeting and diving with all of you and hopefully our paths will cross again here or elsewhere in the Caribbean.

Safe travels home to all. :happywave:

EF0C5A96-D3BC-441B-8D01-7DBFBFF69854.jpeg

Gearing up for our last dive Bonaire 2017.

Last edited:
Went diving in the rain this morning, and drove past Salt Pier. Nice and empty. We considering diving there for a second, but there was a boat fishing between the pylons, and Salt Pier isn't exactly our favourite, so we went to Invisibles. Good choice, despite the Salt Pier being closed again due to a ship 6 hrs later. We saw 3 large free roaming Caribbean Spiny lobster, aside from the usual (squid, barracuda, turtle, both nudibranches :))

Travel home went about as well as possible. We got upgraded to First on the BON-ATL leg which was awesome. We got no upgrade on the ATL-MSP which was not awesome. The plane was packed with folks who had gone to Charlotte for the Vikings-Panthers game. I hope everyone else gets home without issue.

Dawn and I really enjoyed meeting, diving and dining with you all. It really made the week extra fun! Every trip we make new friends and this one was certainly no exception.

Bill and Claudia, here is the trip to the Philippines I was talking about. I seriously mulling it over.

Travel home went about as well as possible. We got upgraded to First on the BON-ATL leg which was awesome. We got no upgrade on the ATL-MSP which was not awesome. The plane was packed with folks who had gone to Charlotte for the Vikings-Panthers game. I hope everyone else gets home without issue.

Dawn and I really enjoyed meeting, diving and dining with you all. It really made the week extra fun! Every trip we make new friends and this one was certainly no exception.

Bill and Claudia, here is the trip to the Philippines I was talking about. I seriously mulling it over.
It was great meeting you two and all of the rest of the crew. That is an incredible deal on the Philippines! Airfare from LAX included and staying at the Marco Vincent, which has a very solid reputation. I'd be all over that, but we will be in Belize on the Agressor from April 21-28. All the best!

good video it has me excited.

Wheels up in 6 days.

I feel like a kid going to college, I have already packed.

Best news is, my wife's cert card came in the mail today, so no drama with that.

I would like some hints if you guys can think of any, my wife and daughter have a ceiling (floor) of 40 feet ish. (self imposed by a hard headed 13 year old)

I can take them to see the monument at the cliffs, and see the stern of the little wreck at captain dons. Any recommendations for a shallow shore diving, I was thinking I took them to salt pier.

Luckily, if everything holds out, I have a scubaboard connection that will let me get a deeper shore dive in.

Good video

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom