Kubi Gloves - Maximum Thickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TrimixToo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After watching them perform flawlessly for a friend for several seasons, I decided to get the Kubi dry glove system. The only problem is that their largest gloves (XXL or 10.5) are a bit too small for me. Has anyone figured out how thick gloves can be to work with this system? 30 mil? 40 mil?

I can't say for really thick gloves, the ones I have right now are fibreglass soaked outsides (acquired ... don't know who/what they are), and the rubber base is much thicker than the marigolds ... fwiw

_R

I just ordered a some spares for the original Kubi gloves. While I find the original gloves to fit well (the 10.5 XXL) I threw in a few extras when I placed an order for some spares. Got these Condor Chemical Resistant Rubber Latex Gloves, 29 mil, Size 11, Orange 48UP35 | Zoro.com and the same in 10. The orange 10 fit very close to the original 10.5. The 11s I listed are noticeably larger. Too large for me, but at $1.80 a pair I will find some use for them. Even if it is using them as a disposable oil change gloves for the truck.

I literally opened the box today so I can't say how they work in the water, but I expect them to work just fine. Already fitted one to one of the rings. Next dive is going to be an equipment fine tune/shakedown at the end of the year. Planning on running one orange and one black, see if there is any noticeable differences between the two.

I just ordered a some spares for the original Kubi gloves. While I find the original gloves to fit well (the 10.5 XXL) I threw in a few extras when I placed an order for some spares. Got these Condor Chemical Resistant Rubber Latex Gloves, 29 mil, Size 11, Orange 48UP35 | Zoro.com and the same in 10. The orange 10 fit very close to the original 10.5. The 11s I listed are noticeably larger. Too large for me, but at $1.80 a pair I will find some use for them. Even if it is using them as a disposable oil change gloves for the truck.

I literally opened the box today so I can't say how they work in the water, but I expect them to work just fine. Already fitted one to one of the rings. Next dive is going to be an equipment fine tune/shakedown at the end of the year. Planning on running one orange and one black, see if there is any noticeable differences between the two.
Thanks!

OK, I finally got back to this today.

The original Kubi gloves are about .025" (.64mm) thick.

The .040" (1mm) Magid gloves are a squeaker, but they can be installed on the Kubi rings.

Based on broncobawsher's post and the original Kubi glove thickness it looks like I have a lot of options!

Always keeping my options open, which Magid gloves are you looking at?

Which vendor are you DS divers using for kubi spare parts? I have the kubi system installed on an otter DS purchased regrettably on line through a NY dive operator.

Which vendor are you DS divers using for kubi spare parts? I have the kubi system installed on an otter DS purchased regrettably on line through a NY dive operator.

The gloves are, well, just gloves. Thickness, size, and material are all that really matter. I got mine from Airgas online. The O-rings, similarly, are, well, just O-rings, available from McMaster and others. But if I didn't want to do the research, I'd just call DRIS.

The aluminum rings are another matter entirely. I don't even know if you can get replacements.

Back
Top Bottom