• Roatan

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Turks & Caicos

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Bahamas (Tiger Beach)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmdad, see my post here for very recent feedback on the Roatan Aggressor:

So... Is the Roatan Aggressor

Long story short, it's a terrific boat. But if you're picking among among the three locations listed in your poll, I'd lean towards T&C. The T&C Explorer was also a great boat when I was on it about 5 years ago, and I preferred T&C diving to Roatan diving. But honestly, both are great options and you can't really go wrong. I've been in the Bahamas too, but never Tiger Beach.

Thanks everyone for your comments. We are booked on the T&C Aggressor.

I've just returned from a 2week trip aboard the Roatan Aggressor. I'm a seasoned live-aboard traveler, and will say...It's a great boat, with a great crew! I'm told that may/june is a nice time of year for there.

Drrich2. I have asked you for info before and you were spot on.

Time for new questions:

I’m looking at getting new equipment. Travel bc. Probably aqualung rogue.

I want to go on my first liveaboard. What would you suggest as a first time trying liveaboard?

I live in Phoenix AZ and can go any time of year. Cost is really not an issue. I’m looking for the best experience.

Thanks

Thankful I could help. You can get a number of opinions here -
Picking a Caribbean Live-aboard - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...ats/495738-picking-caribbean-live-aboard.html. In the Caribbean, I've been on 3 Aggressors (Cayman A. IV, Belize A. IV (then called Sun Dancer 2) and Turks & Caicos A. II). Loved all 3, but would recommend the 1st two as 'starter' live-aboards.

@Trailboss123 has a more recent review of a Belize Aggressor (the III), which spent some time at Turnoff and that may've compromised the diving some IIRC.

The Cayman Aggressor IV was really good, but we made it to Little Cayman (with 2 dives at a wreck off Cayman Brac); the boat doesn't always make it over, so time or year (& luck) matters. It's been replaced with the Cayman Aggressor V, so I imagine the boat is now nicer (though I was happy with the IV).

My 2 trips were probably near 'best case' scenarios.
Sun Dancer 2 (Belize) May 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...ving-belize-via-sun-dancer-2-may-2nd-9th.html
Cayman Aggressor IV May 2016 - http://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/cayman-aggressor-iv-trip-may-2016.527640/

I don't know how the Roatan Aggressor stacks up as a 1st timer's live-aboard.

And based on patterns the last few years, Aggressor Fleet tends to run big (e.g.: > 30% off) sales that can save you several hundred. Do not pay list price! Catch a sale. And be aware nitrox may add $100 or so, port fees another $100 or so, etc...

Richard.

P.S.: I'm just experienced with the U.S. & Caribbean region, and only parts of those. If you're willing to fly to dive the Red Sea, Indonesia, etc..., a lot of options out of my experience open up.

Turks & Caicos Aggressor is a great trip its all wall dives no currents BUT the depths can catch you !! Nitrox use is Advised! and Know your computer ! Awsome shark encounters great little stuff AND Black light diving is Amazing!!!

Back
Top Bottom