Diving Out Of San Jose Del Cabo Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be diving in Baja later this month starting with three days out of La Paz where I'll do the sea lions dive for sure and hopefully get to see whale sharks as well. Then I'll spend two days in San Jose Del Cabo where I'll try to dive Pulmo Cabo. However, the dive op there, East Cape Explorers, will not run a boat to Pulmo Cabo with less than 4 divers -- so far there are two divers (including myself) registered for the Thursday I'll be there.

If we don't get enough divers for Pulmo Cabo, I'll settle with doing a morning of local diving off San Jose. For those of you who have dived in that area (as well as in La Paz), is it worthwhile to do two days of diving locally off San Jose? Or will the diving there be a let down after La Paz and one morning will be enough?

I'll be diving in Baja later this month starting with three days out of La Paz where I'll do the sea lions dive for sure and hopefully get to see whale sharks as well. Then I'll spend two days in San Jose Del Cabo where I'll try to dive Pulmo Cabo. However, the dive op there, East Cape Explorers, will not run a boat to Pulmo Cabo with less than 4 divers -- so far there are two divers (including myself) registered for the Thursday I'll be there.

If we don't get enough divers for Pulmo Cabo, I'll settle with doing a morning of local diving off San Jose. For those of you who have dived in that area (as well as in La Paz), is it worthwhile to do two days of diving locally off San Jose? Or will the diving there be a let down after La Paz and one morning will be enough?

So what did you end up doing? I'll be down there 15-19 Nov and I'm staying in SJD was planning a day or two of local diving and a day at PC...I was looking at ECC for the Op as well... thanks

I was in La Paz to dive three days up there - awesome seas lions dives and also saw my first whale shark. Then down in San Jose del Cabo, I did a morning of dives there just locally since they did not have enough people to get go further out. The vis was pretty bad in local waters and the dives there only so so. But it was better than nothing.

I was in La Paz to dive three days up there - awesome seas lions dives and also saw my first whale shark. Then down in San Jose del Cabo, I did a morning of dives there just locally since they did not have enough people to get go further out. The vis was pretty bad in local waters and the dives there only so so. But it was better than nothing.

Thanks I may only do one local day of diving and drive/bus to do CP

What operation did you dive with in La Paz? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom