Interest in Nemrod Clipper overhaul kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fibonacci

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm trying to gauge demand for overhaul kits for certain vintage spearguns where parts have long been unavailable (incl Technisub Jaguar and Ranger).

For the moment I will concentrate on the Nemrod Clipper... a very popular speargun 'back in the day'.

SO... is anyone interested in:
O-ring seal kits
Piston assemblies (CNC machined with Delrin bore rider)
Stainless endcaps (with Nemrod taper) to suit modern ∅ 8mm shafts
Custom muzzle guide washer to suit modern ∅ 8mm shafts
Or have modern pneumatics taken over 100% relegating these Classics to wallhanger status :D

Looks like my plans for world domination through Nemrod Clipper overhaul kits is struggling to fly :(

Just saw your old thread. I have a bunch of Nemrods, and would love to be able to get them working with new seals, and possibly parts to convert to modern shafts, as several of them are missing shafts. I love the look of those old pneumatics, guess it's nostaligic or something.

I love the retro-60’s look of the Clippers too, plus the mid-handled design has good balance underwater.
I plan to redesign the pistons and upgrade materials to stainlesss steel and Delrin, when combined with 5W synthetic fork oil should give a performance boost with lower friction.
Working on a couple of other projects at present but will bump this one up the queue :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom