I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what nightmares are made of!
Yeah... and I almost picked it up! I might start carrying a machete or a club when I go to the mailbox now. Even Ma~ avoided it! :D :D :D

Banded Garden Spider? Very cool!
Banded Garden Spider - Google Search

Thanks for the ID. It's good to know it's not going to kill me. Reading the Google, she's a female because of her banded legs and given her size, I bet she's about to lay eggs.

My daughter finally came up this weekend to see the place! I think she likes it and she definitely thinks it's big. :D It is that.

Since my daughter likes to sleep in, I went out to pull more fences yesterday. I got one fence line down on the north that separates the east from the west. I'm getting quicker in that I got it all done in less than four hours. I thought of taking the "before" picture after I pulled a half dozen posts and fence. The posts have already been put away and the fence is just lying on the ground. There was about 80 ft (1/3) of this fence that was just lying on the ground for so long that the grass thatched over it. After I pulled all the posts and took them to the burn pile (rotten), I tried like heck to get the fence out of the turf. I finally backed the Kia up, hooked the fence over the bumper hitch and had Chelsea pull it out. I had to help pull it up, because the Kia alone couldn't do it without breaking the wire. The tension really helped to get it loose and now all it needs is to be rolled up and a few stumps need to be cut flush with the ground.

BTW, the front balloon tires on my zero turn don't hold air. There are too many thorns and nails on my property for them to work right. Solutions? I'm thinking maybe use some of that tire slime to make them self-healing, or is there a better tire?

1kmvj4_giaQwW1_m1SeLEshnm0-N9Y2epLVj16sxa5PLwIRYH6zd2jOrWqf8AVeFPwb3cDgD94zlCTRM704=w644-h858-no.jpg

Before (looking North)

7mNCYNgK86ma0O9utoHccHUIhmhKMha8xphjptW24BeiAn_20LhZis-NKoM21DIhDuGVkz_3AQ7eYgsFjI=w1143-h858-no.jpg

Ma~ is not afraid of the zero-turn mower... or the car... or much of anything.

5kdTJql-FMHLIy3wJvDnxsg2AJ7sWwN6kVrxKCscuD0qDjJexMn29yrUMb_RrlpVSma2CNYw1UjX7mtPqQ=w1143-h858-no.jpg

I pulled about 20 posts today. Here are some of the rotten ones heading to the burn pile.

zX0BDtCVOcuG87rLqAnvXsFmEVTKmldKSRj0ShVFc6sybv_8__HWT5l0FmFMyVQb6C-wBHCyHzx5CNG93h4=w644-h858-no.jpg

After, looking south now. The other side of the Silt Out is about 660 feet away at this point.

_dDfYcBc_LxVsm5Fah0HMtcvCm2fQzul10belYH1Nb2Up2ExbAcZGkf6wRuCXN2XSqelgacsWQehvEfnS2M=w644-h858-no.jpg

I also got about %40 of the fence line due East of the Corral. The Corral will be the only fence remaining within the perimeter of my property. I'll be using the reclaimed posts and fence to repair it so it can hold a few goats... maybe. :D

With my daughter sleeping in, I started in on the final fence line I want to take out, on the other side of the road in. There is a problem with this as there is a water pipe coming up by two of the fence posts.

8o1cKLDYucNgm_Owi_DijZ9qupB_4uGh7k1Zc6xfw5eVPNFHuAMq_UQZFYQrD7yuCw-PbPH61cQu3pNjV0=w1143-h858-no.jpg

This part also has railings and it ties into a new fence right where the one fence post sticks out. There was a gate on that at one time. Those railings were held in with a combination of 3/8" x8" lag screws and the largest nail I've ever seen. I couldn't budge it with my 18" nail pullers, so off to Home Depot where I got a 24" and a 48" wrecking bars. That ate up an hour plus this morning, so I only got to pull six or so of the posts and have a seventh a good ways out.

znN4L0WTkTPnRFd2UceNnXVggc2kJT1slOWO4kVmw9N3QWoxufdnh3ubVfntM7lXFZ79r2HM3_AKF0IkFP0=w644-h858-no.jpg

Hello dolly! This is much easier than carrying these posts.

sEq0gVTSjXdBavZuyr2n8WAJd0NH6piLDjEt0riqUHqMlgDA7sHLc2jsVJaHEs2S6vdIuv3S-v0cRL2u70=w1143-h858-no.jpg

cpQQ7BEOTwDylhvATdnE1hJtsnFb5B0gU_nVvf6xdQGlvPGf1PKmaed_iD0uWNLCtS13b4d1k9Kh_RJhXoQ=w644-h858-no.jpg

Hand truck and twine not fair.... Doctor Sisyphus......

Last edited:
Hand truck and twine not fair.... Doctor Sisyphus......
Guilty! I was using the trailer I bought with the Zero-Turn Mower, but I'm so close to where I'm storing them. I carried the first two over, then I got into the really heavy posts and carrying them became a bit much. BTW, balancing that pole to stand straight up took a bit. I normally just take it over, but I wanted a pic! :D :D :D

Oh yeah, that's 3/16" nylon rope: not twine.

BTW, the front balloon tires on my zero turn don't hold air. There are too many thorns and nails on my property for them to work right. Solutions? I'm thinking maybe use some of that tire slime to make them self-healing, or is there a better tire?
My suggestion would be foam filling. There may be a local tire shop that does this service and would correct the flat problem. I know we have this at a shop south of me.

"Ma~ is not afraid of the zero-turn mower... or the car... or much of anything"
Cats are cool....

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom