Scubapro heart rate monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swamp diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the HR strap from a Galileo Luna will work on the new G2?

I know the G2 strap also has the skin temperature sensor but not interested in that function.

Yes, the old heart rate monitor from the Galileo Luna/Sol will work with the G2. The new heart rate monitor for both the Galileo and G2 are the same. Yes, the new HR monitor takes skin temp. into account. This reading is better than just water temp. because it adjusts the algorithm based on the diver's skin temp.

I have found it very interesting to see what is happening to my skin temp. under varying conditions. It is most important if you are diving a dry suit or even a lot of neoprene in cold water.

Thanks that is great to know.

I remember my Polar running strap also worked on the Luna but it was not "coded" which I think meant that if two divers were sitting beside each other the wrist unit might pick up the other diver's heart rate or visa versa.

As for cold water and skin temperature we use that old-fashioned sign up here called shivering. The real brain usually sends an alert to shorten the dive and head to the surface.

That being said it would be interesting to know the science behind skin temperature and the DCS algorithm used because it would seem that it is one's core temp not skin temperature which should be integrated into the algorithm.

In order to get at core temperature one would have to use a rectal temperature probe. That could probably be made wireless. :D

Thanks that is great to know.

I remember my Polar running strap also worked on the Luna but it was not "coded" which I think meant that if two divers were sitting beside each other the wrist unit might pick up the other diver's heart rate or visa versa.

As for cold water and skin temperature we use that old-fashioned sign up here called shivering. The real brain usually sends an alert to shorten the dive and head to the surface.

That being said it would be interesting to know the science behind skin temperature and the DCS algorithm used because it would seem that it is one's core temp not skin temperature which should be integrated into the algorithm.

In order to get at core temperature one would have to use a rectal temperature probe. That could probably be made wireless. :D
I believe you have to pay extra for one of those:cool:.

Yes, the old heart rate monitor from the Galileo Luna/Sol will work with the G2. The new heart rate monitor for both the Galileo and G2 are the same. Yes, the new HR monitor takes skin temp. into account. This reading is better than just water temp. because it adjusts the algorithm based on the diver's skin temp.

I have found it very interesting to see what is happening to my skin temp. under varying conditions. It is most important if you are diving a dry suit or even a lot of neoprene in cold water.

Hi Baverdivers and everybody,

Can someone explain how to actually read the skin temperature either on Galileo Luna's screen or in SmartTRAK software?

It is advertized that skin temperature from Scubapro Hart Rate Belt (Monitor) is both shown on dive computer and used in Scubapro adaptive dive algorithm but I am unable to see this number anywhere... although I can see the heart rate!

Can anyone confirm that the skin temperature can really be displayed on Galileo Luna (not G2)?

Here I have Scubapro Hart Rate Belt from December 2017 (T31 coded transmitter) and Galileo Luna from January 2017 (Hardware 1.4 Firmware 2.1).

Thanks for help,
Supur

The skin temp. would alternate with the heart rate and show up in the same window as the heart rate.

But you must have the new Scubapro heart rate monitor. Also if you must have the heart rate upgrade for the Luna, which you must have since you see the heart rate on your Luna. BTW, the Galileo Sol comes with the upgrade.

the old polar t31 coded heart rate monitor won't work with Galileo G2

the old polar t31 coded heart rate monitor won't work with Galileo G2
Yesterday I was able to borrow a G2 from a member of my dive club and took it for a test dive. I tried pairing it with a polar T31 but it didn't work so I believe @giannis k . is correct. Maybe @beaverdivers confused the new heart rate monitor with the old one. Can anyone confirm if the new HRM is backward compatible with the Galileo Sol/Luna? @Hatul?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom