Has anyone dove in Lake Georgetown?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LocalDiver

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has dove in Lake Georgetown before. I remember seeing two divers out there about a year ago near the Army Corps of Engineers building.

If you have, can you offer any info from your experiences there?

-Jeff

I dove there back in the 80s one winter day on the the north side near the dam. Vis was less than 5 and we got to 40 feet I think. There are several dropoffs around the lake if you have a boat, so there is potential there.

I think I know the area you're talking about. I'm not that familiar with Lake Georgetown, however, if we're talking about the same place, it sounds like where you dove is relatively close to where I saw the divers last year. I think that's also a fairly popular place for fishing so I bet there's a lot of broken line in that area.

Thanks for the info. I thought Lake Georgetown might be a good alternative to Lake Travis sometimes...

-Jeff

I Have been in 20-25 feet of water and been able to see the bottom from my boat,,,,, this was in the spring. There are some interesting looking dive spots, most of the lake is fished so anything near shore is bound to have fishing lines. There is a cliff wall that people like to jump off of that I would like to try 60-80 feet.

The other interesting spot would be blue hole, down town. I have seen a ton of people jumping off those cliffs, not sure how deep but probably alot of stuff to find. :)

Rick

UPDATE ON OLD THREAD--
Home for the holidays so I thought I would bring my gear with me. Local DS said water was cold and down to 65--- that's the summer high where I dive in Idaho.
I dove Blue Hole this morning. Less than 1 foot of viz. Two water moccosins on top and about a foot of silt on the bottom. This would make for a good clean up dive at some point with the trash on the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom