Sea dragon 1500 flooded ☹️

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saintsix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Used it several times at home back in Canada. First trip out in Thailand and it floods do I just need a new battery or does the whole thing need to be sent in? The O rings appear to be in good condition when inspecting it didn’t see no pinched parts.

Used it several times at home back in Canada. First trip out in Thailand and it floods do I just need a new battery or does the whole thing need to be sent in? The O rings appear to be in good condition when inspecting it didn’t see no pinched parts.

I did this once before. Forgot to fully tighten the back cover, and got one flash out of it at depth, and then nothing. Brought it back up after the dive and poured the seawater/corroding battery mess out of it, washed with fresh water, and let dry. Loaded up new batteries, and nada.

Shipped it back to SeaLife and they replaced it (and if memory serves me right, at a cost lower than original).

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Saltwater + live batteries = corrosion....minimum, inside the battery compartment.
IF the battery compartment is not TOTALLY water tight > it's shot. work with them for a replacement or go shopping.
Floods are one of the unpleasant possible realities of UW photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom