Morning vs afternoon dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving in the morning gives me time in the afternoon to go to the east side to enjoy the ocean waves and the beach restaurants. It is my favorite way to spend an afternoon other than more diving or a trip to cielo or fishing.
Depending on the direction of the wind, there is always a leeward spot somewhere.

lunch on the beach

I think it depends on the time of year. I dove both AM and PM dives last week. By the second tank in the afternoon, the sun is getting quite low and this changes the viz. During summer months, the sun is still high in the sky between 1-5 PM.

Last week the viz was good, but not great. Lots of debris in the water and definitely dark in places. Still great diving and plenty of Eagle Rays!

A two-tank afternoon + twilight dive would be my idea of Cozumel heaven. Who routinely offers them?

My wife and I always do AM dives why? less people in group, fresh dive master and boat driver, and then you have the whole day to goof off. Afternoon dive means you have to be there latter, then you will get back latter, sort of breaks the day up, just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom