Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TEKDiveUSA

Contributor
Reaction score
How do you stay inspired as a technical diver? What makes you want to learn/explore/research/dive something new?
26173748_10159836608240437_3048118415948990977_o.jpg

Like... how do you not? Is there a way not to, when there's every direction to grow into and frontiers everywhere?

But clearly I see your point, apparently by visiting the eponymous expo.

That’s a cool topic.

For me it’s this desire to go where people don’t go often or have never been. I get burned out quick with the more touristy dives.

Discovery - contributing something positive to science, understanding, and general knowledge base.
Learning - enhancing my current skill, learning a new skill (I'm going to learn underwater photogrammetry this year)
Visual - seeing/creating imagery of talented/highly skilled people in places that not many people go.

Actually, over a long career I think it is a really good question.

I have been diving since I was 13, and have reinvented myself as a diver multiple times (eg free diving, spearfishing, underwater hockey, research, medicine, military, technical, rebreathers, photography). But I do think it is relatively easy to get stuck in a rut and a thematic tilt at inspiring with new ideas for directions in a technical diving career is a pretty good one.

I will be there, and look forward to meeting many of you. I will be speaking on hypoxia as a "silent killer" and Nick Gant and I will talk about why we don't think lounge-room / couch hypoxic experiences are a good idea. I will be giving a second presentation; probably on the recent expert consensus on management of DCI in the field. David Doolette will be presenting on another topic to come out of that consensus; in water recompression. We have just submitted a comprehensive review article on the relevant issues, and he will be summarizing that. Very topical stuff for technical divers.

Simon M

New stuff to see,new areas to search.Not to be discounted is the joy of sharing the experiences with friends and family.

I spend a part of my days off researching wrecks and new aeas,this keeps me immersed.

CCR training really revitalized my interest in diving. I had been tech trained on OC, but I just find every aspect of rebreather diving to be fascinating. I love reading about it and talking about it almost as much as I love diving it.

The opportunity to dive places no one has ever dived or seen before, discovering new species and documenting what I find along the way with photos and video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom