Hollis future support for Prism 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there is NO WAY a n orig mk5p cis lunar other than the name has any relation to the mk 6 Poseidon

Who's "they", and can you be so kind as to point me to a link or a public announcement? Joint venture implies shared ownership and I don't think this is the case.

they is Shearwater and ISC, I'll find the press releases tomorrow

@abnfrog there was a MKV after the 5p that looked very similar to the VI in the early 2000's

The MKV *not 5p* before that I think went back to 2000.......there was a MKV after the 5p that looked very similar to the VI in the early 2000's.......

These are not correct statements. I was an active diver at the time and the Cis-Lunar units were almost mythical. The MK5 was 100% Cis-Lunar and it ended in 2000 with limited production sold. After that the rebreather side of Cis-Lunar shut down until Poseidon got involved in 2005 and developed the MK VI.

If you know something more please produce some references with pictures, etc.

These are not correct statements. I was an active diver at the time and the Cis-Lunar units were almost mythical. The MK5 was 100% Cis-Lunar and it ended in 2000 with limited production sold. After that the rebreather side of Cis-Lunar shut down until Poseidon got involved in 2005 and developed the MK VI.

If you know something more please produce some references with pictures, etc.

so what of that was wrong? You just confirmed what I said unless I missed something...

Last edited:
The MK5 and 5P are essentially the same thing. Big yellow cover, hydrophobic scrubber, gas block, etc. They have nothing to do with the MK VI. Below is a pic with the "MK 5" emblem on it.

SetWidth676-matt-cis.jpg

According to the Poseidon web site and adverts some time back (I quote)

MK VI - The World’s first recreational rebreather
The Poseidon MKVI is the world’s first rebreather for recreational divers. It’s a fullyclosed, fully automated unit that will make you see diving in a different light.

So there you have it Poseidon made the worlds first recretional rebreather.
Others however may find it difficult to comprehend this "different light"

AP is a business that is not going away. The owner is a passionate CCR diver surrounded by a lot of good people. Although there are other units that look seductively good, the market is so small (niche) any corporate manufacturer might well be subject to cost analysis that cans production. So I know which unit I would invest my money in although I have in the past used Poseidon, JJ, Sentinel and Prism. I hope that helps!

Hey John.

What you got to moan about, you get your rebreathers for free. LOL
And well deserved it is too.

There was another part to that original Poseidon sales blurb that I didnt metion earlier.(quote)

Silent operation makes you part of the environment; not just a visitor.

They forgot to add the word "permanent RIP" I guess. All the best Iain.

Interestingly the first CIS Lunar Mk 5 radial scrubber I ever laid eyes on was being used in a meg as they are a drop in replacement for the meg axial. There was no meg radial in existence at that time (2004). I was taking my cave training with the guy in the picture above.

Interestingly the first CIS Lunar Mk 5 radial scrubber I ever laid eyes on was being used in a meg as they are a drop in replacement for the meg axial. There was no meg radial in existence at that time (2004). I was taking my cave training with the guy in the picture above.

Matt's a good dude and done some INSANE dives. He's a HUGE font of information. His Meg is one of the "Cave" Megs from the movie he got in trade for his work. He's got one of the EAC adapters too. It's a shame he's retired, but I'm glad I got the chance to dive with him.

It would be awesome if manufacturers would make hydrophobic scrubbers. I've never gotten the chance to dive with one sadly. I'd be curious to see how it breathes compared to the normal Meg radial.

. His Meg is one of the "Cave" Megs from the movie he got in trade for his work.

If you ever sit through that movie (again) where Matt is a stunt double for a black actor but during a close shot you can clearly see those piecing blue eyes through the mask.

Back
Top Bottom