I booked my Cozumel hotel for a week @ $43

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, after looking at all the good deals you guys are getting, I think I'll change where I stay. Wait a minute -- it doesn't cost me anything now, why should I change. Dang! I must be losing it. BUT you guys are really persuasive and CZM is one of the BEST bang for your buck!

Happy diving - M²

p.s. - looks like I may be back in Coz from 1/31 to 2/10. Still working on plans... :)

:cheers: and :newyear:

I stayed at Mary Carmen over Thanksgiving and wouldn't hesitate to go back. I don't need or expect much when I do a dive trip without the family, just a clean room and hopefully hot water. The room was always spotless, water was hot, and wifi was decent. They also have breakfast available for 75 pesos, always ready by 7.

They also have breakfast available for 75 pesos, always ready by 7.
They quoted me 100 recently, but still cheap enough. I hope they have plenty of coffee always ready at all hours, but I usually get a $10 maker at Mega and make it in the room.

Like many, they advertise $33 on Hotels.com, then when you go to select your room - it's $33 is you prepay the week now, or $43 with free cancellation. I booked the higher rate thinking I'd just watch for fluctuation, rebook for $33 with free cancellation, and it worked.

Then there's the 3% add-on for paying with credit card. I guess that's fare enough. Not that much, but then my bank will also charge me conversion fees, so I'll just take cash.

Although I have never stayed at Mary Carmen, we have walked into the lobby, checked out the interior courtyard, and checked out one of the rooms. The place is pretty quite during the day, the owner/manger was very pleasant. Everything looks clean, rooms were small but quite functional. We stay at Casa mexicana, but if I was going solo would definately choose Mary Carmen or even the Colonial Suites across the street which is quite nice. Easy walk to most restaurants.

Guess you'll never experience the beauty of Little or Cayman Brac?

Right on partly…I have been all over the Caribbean and a lot of the world but when I want to get away it is Little Cayman that I go to, Cayman Brac not so much.. Reef Divers—NO WAY JOSE, but Pirates Point is the only place I've ever been happy with AI, and The Bloody Bay and Jackson wall is the only place I've ever been that Compares to Cozumel (Sadly they only have 3 miles of wall but it is very nice). Plus it is really fun to land on a runway they have to mow!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

In November, I stayed at the Barracuda for $50 a night. All rooms are ocean front. For me, that's the best bang for the buck in Cozumel.

Awww c'mon...if you're not in the pool how's Millie going to steal your shoes?? :)
The Mary Carmen is a great location and a great price. We spent one night there about 4 years ago and it was enough. I hope they have improved things and they may have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom